He just stares at me, a soft look on his face that tells me he already knows the reason why.

"But what about you, that's a decision you have to make first?" I ask, nudging him with my elbow as I put the meatloaf in the oven.

He sighs, "Physical therapy is a safe path but honestly, business might just be calling my name."

I raise my eyebrows, impressed by his decision. "Why the interest?"

Setting down the pack of bacon bits, he shrugs, "I can't rely on football forever. Anything could happen at any given minute and I can't afford to not be prepared."

"Look at you, being all responsible and stuff." I tease, flicking his nose.

I'm genuinely surprised he's put that much thought into it. Most guys in a position like him focus on pro ball. Then when they either don't make it or their time is up, they're lost.

It makes me proud.

"I plan on having people who depend on me, I need to be on top of the ball." He admits, reaching over to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

A blush creeps it's way onto my face. someone's thought ahead.

"Tell me more, Charming?" I prod, mixing the mashed potatoes together.

I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about it. I rarely have the time to day dream but it happens every once and a while. A genuine smile works it's way onto his face but I focus on the potatoes. I can't be distracted.

"Well, I'll have a house that's absolutely gorgeous. A few dogs, haven't really decided on the breeds yet. A couple nice cars." He starts off.

"What else, Mister McClain?" I tease, throwing a suggestive smile over my shoulder.

He pushes himself off the counter, "Well, there will be a Mrs. McClain."

"Oh." I focus on the bowl as Ashton wraps his arms around my waist. "Tell me about her."

"She's absolutely stunning, by far the hottest wife in the NFL. Everything from our house to our cars will be picked out by her." He continues, pressing a kiss to my temple.

It's a struggle to find my voice, the pounding of my heart the only thing I can focus on.

My mind begins to toy with the idea, running wild with this small little fantasy. "Don't you want a say in anything?"

I can feel him smile as another kiss is placed on my cheek. "I'll add my input from time to time but she's so stubborn that I'd much rather let her have her way. Plus, they always say happy wife, happy life."

Ain't that the truth.

"What else do you see?" I whisper, trying to keep my cool.

He rests his head on top of my shoulder. "Well, since I'm looking maybe eight years into the future, we'll have a teenager who will keep us on our toes."

Saffron.

Ashton truly has thought of everything. A lump forms in the back of my throat as I process that information.