'Kagami, hey Kagami.'

'What?'

'Hi,'

Her giggling rings through Kagami's head. She cuts off the link between them as well.

'On average, this is where the most amount of contestants lose. Something to do with Ibiki's tactics of playing with people's mind with his words.' Kagami glances around the room again. A few people are discreetly eyeing her from their places. 'Being an undercover proctor will be hard with this collective. They are much stronger than previous years.'

Someone sits next to Kagami, interrupting her thinking. She glances at them and notices it's Kankuro.

'The brother of the Shukaku host,' she doesn't move but watches his movements continually. 'He's up to something, cheating being one. But what else?'

Kagami notices his sister, Temari, sit down in the row just behind them, at the end that has the walkway to it.

'So helping his sister cheat, but there's something else. Something both of them are on edge about.' She glances around the room for Gaara watching him sit down in front of them, close to the opposite end five rows ahead. 'Not strategic in anyway. He isn't worried about what these two are worried about. But what?'

She looks down at her desk and mulls over possibilities. Her eyes flick up every now and then to watch the three. Though none of them seem to do anything. Only sit and wait. As she stares at Gaara from her seat someone walking across the room catches her eye.

White haired pulled back into a ponytail and round glasses sit in his face. Kagami follows him with her eyes as he walks up to the genin. She gets ready to jump forward as he reaches them. He leans over them and says something to them. Making them all look around the room.

Kagami's eyebrows furrow as she observes. She scans the room quickly to try and find his team. She spots them near the outskirts of the room, taking notes of someone in the group of Konoha genin at the front of the room. She stands up slowly. Walking past them casually, snatching the notes away, them barely realising. They look around confused. She shoves them into her weapons pouch while walking towards the group of genin.

Even if she told them to stay away from her, it's her job to keep them safe. She walks past them and leans against the wall, staying just in ear range of the group.

"These cards could tell you anything about anyone you like."

"Anyone,"

The white haired man nods, smiling down at the group. She glances away from the group, to make it look as if she isn't interested in them. She notices Kankuro looking at her. She makes effort to not look at him.

"Gaara of the Sand, Rock Lee of the Leaf."

'So they are interested in him too, but why Gai's student?'

Kagami pushes off the wall and walks around the group again, taking a seat on the table of one of the front desks and gives the door a confused look,making it look as if she's waiting for her group.

"What if someone just popped up out of ground? Would you have information on them?"

"Most likely." The white haired man looks at Sasuke with a interested look.

"Kagami Hatake."

The white haired man nods, placing his hand in the deck, pulsing chakra into it. As he moves the card to flip it over Kagami is in the middle of the circle on genin, her hand on the card keeping in down on the deck. The man's eyes widen. He looks up at her as her team gasps.

She yanks the card off him and it sets alight in her hands. She doesn't take her eyes off the man. He stares at her, smirking slightly.

"I feel like I know you, do I? My names Kabuto." She stares at him harder, placing the burned embers on top of his card deck. She turns behind her to look at her team. Naruto and Sakura gulp nervously while Sasuke stares heavily. The team witnesses as her eyes harden, the little softness they had worked hard on creating over the past months lost instantly.

Shikamaru notices this as well, he narrows his eyes at her before looking away as someone moves towards the group. Kagami looks away from the group as she notices it as well. Two Sound Nin rush towards Kabuto. She kicks them away from the man. The two Nin don't stop moving. They aim for Team 7.

Kagami doesn't move at first. Her mindset being they don't deserve it. Then she thinks of her brothers face. She lounges forward and opens her arms out in front of the three, a kunai in both. As the near, she crosses them over her chest before slashing outward. Forcing them back.

Her eyes widen slightly as bloody spills from her ear, dripping onto the floor in front of Sakura. She hears is splatter against the ground and looks down. Letting out a squeak when she sees it. She looks up at the girl in front of her.

"Kagami..."

"Hatake," She looks back at her slightly, "to you."

'Sound waves. Sneaky.'

The two Nin stare her down as she stands in front of them. So them glance around to find an easier target. They lunge for Hinata and Ino. Kagami grunts and flashes past, grabbing the two and appearing back in front of the other three. She kneels down and stares up at the two. She is about to pounce when there is a large puff of smoke appearing between the three.

"Fighting is prohibited during this task, if you do so you will be excluded from these exams." Kagami glances around to see if anyone was looking at her before pulling down the side of her mask and leaning her head over, making blood pour out of her ear. If splatters to the floor loudly. One of Ibiki's chunin notices this and nudges The said man. He looks away from scolding the Sound Nin to look over. Kagami lets go of her mask, making it snap back onto her face.

"Kagami, you spilling blood all over floor? You're going to have to clean that up you know?" Kagami scowls at Ibiki.

Standing up she sips the sleeve of a chunin's uniform and drops it on the floor. She rubs her foot over it, making it soak up the blood before handing the sleeve back to him.

"He's one of the only people that's ever made Kagami act like that. Him and Kakashi." Sakura whispers to the group, she eyes wide in shock. Kagami walks past him and sits back down in her seat next the Kankuro, who gives her an impressed look.

She doesn't look over at him. She just stares forward as she silently scolds herself for letting her anger get the best of her, even though she was fully entitled to act that way. She was betrayed by her team, whether see calls them at or not.

s.h.o.u.t.

from now on I'm aiming to make the chapters around this long (2,000 words) and I may go back and put the other chapters in more detail to make them longer as well.

~shadow