chapter 4 - Panic

Start from the beginning

"We have to get you outside now" she said holding onto my waist again, she helped me lean off her son and started to walk but i felt more pain and stopped.

"I think i have to push" i said to her, i looked at her son and the fear in his face was plain as day. 

"James we need to get her on the ground, take your jacket off and put it underneath her head" she said, her son hesitated before doing as she said. 

I was now lying on my back, Sandra was taking off my now wet trousers from my waters breaking. 

"i see a head" she said, " you have to push now Victoria" she told me, James was still holding my hand. I looked into his eyes and he game me a scared smile. 

"i cant, i cant do this without Dean" i said through gritting teeth.

"Call her partner from her phone James" she said. I took out my phone before i started pushing.

"hello? is this dean?" James said, i could hear him ask.

"your partner has gone into labor, an ambulance is going to take her to st Johns" he said before hanging up. 

After 20 minutes i heard the sound of crying, it filled my ears like music, i sighed in relief. 

"the paramedics are here now Victoria, you had a baby girl, what do you want to call her?" Sandra asked.

"Mia" i whispered, the paramedics cut the cord and got me to deliver Annabelle. The paramedics looked at each other and then at me. 

"We have to get you into the ambulance, we don't want you to panic but your other baby is stuck". They told me, it felt like my whole world has just came crashing down.

"Everything will be okay" James said to me.

"Thank you" i smiled, there was a lot of pain now. 

"What age are you Victoria?" Sandra asked.

"17, 18 in a few months" i said through pain. 

"Same age as my boy" she smiled.

" Sandra this pain doesn't feel right" i said, she took a look.

"There's a lot of blood" she said to the paramedic, he looked then told the driver to drive fasted.

"Everything will be fine Victoria" he said.

"C all me tori" i whispered, i could feel my eyes getting heavy, i tried to fight it, for my babies but i couldn't.

"Tori? keep your eyes open love"  i heard before my eyes went black and everything felt numb. 

.

.

.

.

.

My eyes felt heavy but i opened them at the sound of crying, it was ear piercing but a flow of relief ran through me as i heard it, i tried to sit up but i couldn't and it was painful to move. 

"Tori your alright" i heard a voice say, i looked over to see James sitting next to me.

"wheres my babies?" i groaned out, my voice sounded Horse and weak.

"Mia and Annabelle are fine but Hunter is in intensive care, hes very weak right now" he said, i felt tears build up. 

"Where are my girls?" i asked through tears. He smiles and looked over, i followed his eyes to 2 baby hospital beds, there were two beautiful babies moving about in them.

"There my babies?" i said, i could feel joy as they had there fathers looks. 

"Yes, aren't they beautiful, do you want to hold them?" he said, i nodded. I watched him walk round the bed and to who i knew was Mia, he picked her up gently and walked back over to me, he helped me hold her. 

"Shes so beautiful" i said crying again. once Annabelle started crying again i asked to hold her, he put Mia back in her crib and went to Annabelle, they were both really small but strong. he brought crying Annabelle over.

"Its okay beautiful, mummy's here" i whispered, "mummy's okay", she soon stopped crying and i could feel my eyes getting really heavy again James took her away and let me sleep. 

*2 days later*

Dean had been here all the time, i haven't seen Hunter yet but i will be in an hour. 

James had become my new best friend and we laughed and joked together. Dean wasn't happy about my new found friendship.

"Are you excited?" Dean asked me as i was getting wheeled to see Hunter. I cant express with words with how i felt right this moment so i nodded.  

We arrived at the baby room and i was able to walk in and i felt the tears falling from my eyes as i looked at my little boy hooked up to tubes he looked so small and weak that it broke my heart. 

"Oh my baby" i said as i got closer. I was able to touch him through the incubator but he was to poorly to hold.

"Your so beautiful, and your sisters are excited to meet you when you get stronger little man" i said to him, " mummy loves you". 

Dean talked to him like he was his own. We stayed there about an hour till i had to get back to my bed, i was allowed to come when ever i wanted now since we were both stronger. 

"We will be able to hold him soon enough" i said to dean with a smile. in my head i was scared to hold him, he just looked to small that i could break him by touching him. 

I hadn't seen Sandra in a while but she comes round to say hi when she can, i see James nearly everyday now. 

We were half way out the baby unit when an alarm went off and doctors and nurses started running towards the room Hunter was in, my heart was beating like crazy as i was pushed back to the room. My heart broke as i saw them pumping lots of drugs into my new born baby, i started crying into deans shoulder.

"hes going to die isn't he?" I whispered.

"I really don't know".

Vote

Comment