18

*Natalie's POV

"We wanna challenge you to a race," Jughead told Malachai. All three of us were back at the House of the Dead putting the deal on the table. "If we win, serpents remain autonomous and you quit dealing at Southside High."

"And if we win?" He had a smug look on his face.

"Then we fold, and you can keep polluting the Southside with your little fucking straws of death." I gestured towards the table that was covered with the JJ.

"So it looks like the mighty serpent queen has some stones, but not much else." He got closer to me. "So unless your highness wants to put some of the kingdom's territory on the table, I got no reason to agree to a race."

"You're out of your fucking mind." I spat. But before Malachai could say anything, a ghoulie rushed in.

"They were following me." He announced as he waltzed right in. He was followed by Betty and Veronica. Can this plan go any more to shit?

"Veronica?"

"Betty?"

"Archie?"

"Jughead?"

"Wait, so these are your bitches?" Malachai yelled.

"No Malachai, they a-"

"I beg your misogynistic pardon?" Veronica cut me off.

"Natalie, take your skanks and get the hell out of here!" He yelled at me. "Until you make me a better offer, there'll be no race."

"You fucking idiots." I hissed at Veronica and Betty.

"If you win we'll give you the Whyte Wyrm."

"What? Jughead, no!" Tall Boy put his hand on my shoulder to stop.

"You can expand your drug-dealing horizons and upgrade out of this hellhole." Jughead continued.

"What the hell do you think you're doing." I grabbed a handful of Jughead's jacket.

"Okay then, we'll take the Wyrm and Sunnyside Trailer Park." Malachai responded.

"Deal."

"Jughead, no." He ignored me and shook hands with Malachai.

—-

"What the hell were you thinking?" I pushed Jughead as soon as we got outside.

"I got us the race." He replied.

"Yeah, but now there's more at stake. This wasn't the deal your dad gave us to put on the table." I pushed him again.

"Natalie," Betty got in between us.

"You shut the hell up." I pointed to her. "You Northsiders ruined everything." I yelled.

"Natalie, even before they walked in he said he wasn't gonna take the deal." Archie defended them.

"I have raced Malachai before! I have made deals with him countless fucking times! So don't you dare try talking to me about negotiation!" I spat. "He would have took the deal sooner or later. He always does." I turned to Veronica and Betty. "But you idiots ruined it all and now the serpents' home is being gambled!"

"Nat, my dad said you were the best." Jughead spoke up.

"Don't. I don't want to listen to you right now. Any of you! So leave me the hell alone!" I stalked off and went to my bike.