2

*Natalie's POV

After the Blossom boy's murder, the heat was on the South side more than it ever was before. They think someone from the South side had something to do with his murder. Why on earth would a serpent murder a high school jock? I was currently at home in my trailer and was opening the fridge to grab a beer, when all of a sudden there was loud banging coming from my front door. I slammed the fridge door angrily making it shake a bit, which made the cereal fall to the ground, and spill all over the place.

Whoever was on the other side of that door was going to get there ass handed to them. I placed the beer bottle on the poor excuse I call a table and made my way to the front door.

"What," I yelled pulling open the door. "Oh," my anger started to go away as I saw who it was. "It's just you," I turned around and made my way back into the kitchen.

"Yeah, it's just me," he closed the front door behind him. "Were you expecting someone else," he questioned while setting a box down on the table.

"No," I bent down and opened the cabinet under the sink and pulled out a small broom and dustpan. "What did you need FP," I kicked the cabinet closed and stared up at him.

"I have a job for you," he grabbed the beer bottle I left on the table and cracked it open.

"Oh yeah," I raised one eyebrow at him. Now I was intrigued.

"I need you to deliver this box," he took a sip of my beer.

"To who," I dared to ask.

"I need you to take this to Pop's," What?

"To Pop's, are you serious?" Pop was literally the nicest man I know, and the only Northsider I could stand. What the hell did he do to get on FP's bad side.

"Remember that job I gave you a while back with the younger serpents," he asked.

"Yeahhh," He put me in charge of making sure that the younger serpents trashed the drive-in daily. I remember it because it was one of the only jobs I was hesitant to do for FP. I loved the drive-in, but I did it anyways.

"Well the person who paid us to do it, appears to be short on cash." he drank the rest of his beer. So that's why I haven't got paid yet. "And it just so happens to be that she works at Pop's,"

Oh thank god it wasn't Pop. I let out a sigh of relief.

"So I need you to make sure she gets the message." He said tapping the lid of the box.

"Oh she will," I smirked. He nodded satisfied and walked to the front door, but turned around before opening it.

"Lodge." He paused for a second. "Hermione Lodge." I nodded my head and he walked out.

The second he left I opened the lid.

"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes," I picked up the serpent from the box and examined it.

This should be fun.

---

"Where you headed to Pop," I saw the older man rushing to put his jacket on like he was going somewhere. "You're leaving me already and I just got here," I joked.

"My mom just called and she's not feeling that well, so I'm gonna go and check up on her." Well now I feel shitty.

"I'm sorry to hear about that," I truly was. Pop was a nice man and he treated everyone with respect no matter what side of the tracks you grew up on.

"But don't worry Nat," He reassured me. "Miss Hermione will be out in a second she just went to go grab more straws from the back," he instantly grabbed my attention.