15

*Natalie's POV

"No, absolutely fucking not," I got up from the table angrily.

"It's serpent tradition," Birdie, the older lady smirked.

"Why don't you shut the hell up, Birdie!" I yelled at her. "Just because you did that shit, doesn't mean I have to!" Were they really fucking serious? There was no way in hell I was gonna do that.

"Come on, I'll show you." She mocked me.

"FP?" I turned to FP. He sat there thinking.

"Well there is another way, boss." Tall Boy turned to him.

"See, there's another way..." I sighed sitting back down, silently thanking Tall Boy in my head. "And it is..." I waited for either one of them to finish the sentence.

"You run the gauntlet." FP finally spoke up.

—-

"No," I groaned as I heard knocking come from the front door.

"Princess?" I heard someone call out.

"In here," I yelled not bothering to get up.

"Hey," Sweet Pea stood there in his usual dark clothes wearing his serpent jacket. "The guys are outside waiting."

"Okay." I breathed out and sat up.

"Are you okay," He sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah, I just forgot how much work it is to recruit a new person." I threw the covers off of me. "What to wear, what to wear..." I said to myself as I slid the closet door open.

"It's not like you have much of a wardrobe." Sweet Pea remarked.

"Oh and you do?" I fired back as I tossed a pair of black jeans on the bed.

"You should wear that one," he pointed to inside my closet.

"This?" I pointed to the red v-neck long sleeve.

"No, the other one." I grabbed the exact same shirt but in a dark grey color.

"Why," I held up the shirt. There was nothing special about it.

"We can match." He spoke quietly.

"Why would I want to match with you?"

"You know what, never mind," he got up from the bed. "We'll be waiting outside," and with that he walked out.

—-

"Alright," I announced shutting my trailer door behind me. "Let's go see Jughead." I walked down the steps and stood next to them.

"You wore the shirt," I heard Sweet Pea whisper as we all walked together to Jughead's trailer.

"Yeah, I did." I smiled at him.

"What the hell, why are you guys wearing the same thing?" Fangs popped out of nowhere.

"It's just the same colored shirt and black pants." I told him. "We are bound to match one day."

"Or are you trying to be like those weird couples." He pressed.

"Oh shut it, Fangs." I pushed him into another serpent.

"That's what you get, man." Sweet Pea laughed as we turned the corner of Jughead's trailer.

Oh no. Why on earth is Archie here?

"What the hell are you doing here," I walked towards Archie.

"Just leave him, all right?" Jughead grabbed my arm and pulled me back.