22

*Natalie's POV

"Come on Pea, quit it." I whispered. Jughead had called me earlier saying that he had huge news, and to meet him at the Wyrm. It seems like it's important since he made me gather the other serpents as well.

"Man, where is Jones anyway," Sweet Pea spoke up from behind me as he finally decided to keep his hands to himself. He was sitting on the barstool while I stood in between his legs.

"There he is." I answered as Jughead stepped foot into the Wyrm.

"I have an announcement to make," Jughead spoke as he came closer. "My dad's getting out." The Wyrm erupted in cheering. "And when he does, I'll bring him up to speed about our plans with Mayor McCoy." I just smiled at Jughead and nodded.

"That's brilliant," Tall Boy scoffed.

"Do you have a problem with that, Tall Boy?" Jughead glared at him.

"Your old man? No." He put his glass down and got up from where he was seated. "I got no problem with him." He made his way closer to the pool table where Jughead stood on the opposite side. "But you want us to sit down with the mayor."

"I do." Jughead answered. "He's right." Jughead stood up straight. "I think we can bring the Southside back. But it's gonna take some work and compromise."

"Bring the Southside back." Tall Boy laughed. "You've been here all of five minutes." He spat. I took that as my cue to get closer.

"Tall Boy, I am sick of you acting like a little bitch." Jughead yelled. "Whispering behind my back that I'm half a Serpent or that I don't belong here."

"You really should learn to keep your mouth shut, Tall Boy." I made my way through the serpents and stood next to him. "You know how much I hate loud mouths." I stared him down.

"Why don't we put it to a vote?" I looked around the Wyrm. "If you think Jughead's wrong, then I'll make him step aside." I looked at Jughead, and in return he gave me a slight nod.

"All those who stand with Jughead and think that Tall Boy should shut the hell up." I turned to Tall Boy as I spoke and raised my hand. I looked around the room and saw the majority.

"Looks like we have our decision." I spat. Tall Boy just glared at me and walked away.

"You better not screw this up, Juggie." I whispered across the pool table.

"I won't. I promise, Natalie."

—-

"Ah!" FP smiled as he pulled Jughead into an embrace. "C'mere girl." He pulled me in as well making me groan. "Oh quit it girl, you know you missed me." Jughead and I both let out a laugh.

"Hey Betty." He smiled as we walked up to her.

"Hi, Mr. Jones." She smiled.

"Alice?" He questioned as we got closer to her car.

"Is it true what they say about men who have just been released from prison, FP?" Alice asked.

"What do they say?" He asked.

"That they're incredibly sexually frustrated." She smirked crossing her arms.

"Mom, What?" Betty exclaimed.

"Wow." Jughead breathed out.

"God Alice, can you try screwing FP when we're not around." I said in disgust and went to go open the back door of the car. I could hear FP laugh as I got into the backseat.