"Okay, there we go, let's have a look," Gerard said.

He turned Mikey around to look in the mirror. He had dyed his hair blond, slicking it back into a quiff. He wore a black leather jacket with some black skinny jeans.

"Mikey, you look amazing," Gerard said. "You should wear this everyday."

Mikey stayed silent, clearly liking it but not wanting to admit it.

"Fine, I guess I'll keep it," he said.

Gerard smiled at his success before heading to the room he shared with Mikey.

"So, guess what, there's this boy that I've been talking to," Gerard said.

"You're always talking to people, how many hook ups have you had since moving here?" Mikey asked.

"None," Gerard stated. "I don't know, he's just different."

"So you want a serious relationship?" He asked.

"No, no, just something casual," he said. "You know I'm not really into serious relationships."

"Does the boy know that?" Mikey asked.

"I don't know, Frank is a little odd but I like it," he said. "He's really shy and cute. I make him nervous."

"You make everyone nervous," Mikey said. "And not in a good way."

"Whatever," Gerard said, rolling his eyes.

Speaking of Frank, Gerard decided to send him a snap, just a picture of him with a cute little dog filter. He loved seeing Frank, he loved the way he made him nervous. He thought he look absolutely adorable. He saw that Frank opened it and it took nearly five minutes before he got a response. It was of Frank and said 'stupid'. Gerard immediately received a second snap that said 'I didn't mean to send that' over a black picture. Frank started typing before he stopped. Gerard sent another picture of himself that said "you're cute."

"You should talk to that girl, she's a sophomore at Belleville high," Gerard suggested.

"You promised you would stop meddling," Mikey said.

"I'm not meddling, I'm just suggesting," he said. "Fine, you know what, I will shut up and not say anything more about it."

He just hoped that this makeover would give him some confidence. He's always tried to help his brother with his confidence, he wanted him to be more certain in himself.

"So, have you and Frank kissed yet?" Mikey asked.

"No, I-I'm actually taking things kind of slow," he said. "I don't know, it's weird. I've never really taken things slow but he's just nervous and gets kinda scared around me sometimes."

"You must really like him, then," Mikey said. "Like, actually, properly like him."

"I mean, yeah, I like him and all but it's nothing serious," Gerard said. "Maybe we can be, like, friends with benefits or something."

"If he really gets nervous about it then I think he might like you and want something more than just friends with benefits," he said.

Gerard shook his head, tapping through stories on snapchat.

The next day Mikey wore the same outfit. Gerard noticed that he hesitated before walking into the school. He found Jamia waiting by his locker.

"Hey," Gerard said. "What's up?"

"Nothing, just wondering if you wanted to hang this Saturday," she said. "A bunch of us were going to the skatepark and I wanted to invite you."

"That sounds good, is Frank gonna be there, by any chance?" He asked.