Ch10 [I'm Sorry but I Have A Reason]

Amanda POV:

"You can't stay" I shouted.

"Why not?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well um you see-" I stuttered, but before I could finish my sentence the doorbell rang.

Blanca and I stared at each other.

"Race you." We both yelled, and took off running towards the front door just like we used to when we were kids.

"Haha I win." I said out of breath. Blanca rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue in response.

I swung the door open, and was shocked by who I saw.

"Danny what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came here to talk about last night." He replied.

"Well I'm sorry Danny, but I have nothing to say to you so goodbye." I said, and attempted to close the door, but he stuck his foot in the way.

"Amelia, I really need to explain why I couldn't make it to our date." He pleaded in desperation.

"Fine then, come in." I sighed, opening the door wider for him to enter.

I escorted him to the living room.

"Danny, this is my sister Blanca, Blanca this is my-"

"Boyfriend. I'm Danny." said Danny finishing my sentence for me. He politely stuck out his hand for Blanca to shake.

She accepted his gesture, and gave me this weird smile that made me blush and smile in awkwardness.

"Would you please excuse us just for a moment Danny." I said, and turned to stare at Blanca, gesturing for her to follow me into the kitchen.

"So this is why you don't want me to stay the weekend." She said as soon as we were in the kitchen.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"Amelia, it's obvious you don't want me, your older sister, to be here when your boyfriend comes over." She said.

"What? No! That's not why besides Danny only came by this one time." I explained.

"Well if it's not about Danny then why don't you want me to stay?" She asked, hurt evident in her voice.

I was speechless for a moment.

"Fine. You caught me, I did want you gone so Danny wouldn't be all awkward when he comes over." I lied.

"I knew it! I mean you could have just told me that from the beginning. I completely understand the feeling, you want privacy from adults. I've been there before. I would never bring my boyfriend's home because of mom and dad, but don't worry, I'll leave beside's all I needed to do was check up on you for a while." She rambled on as we walked towards the front door.

"Okay well bye." I replied, opening the door for her.

"Just one more thing before I leave." She said suddenly sounding serious.

"What?" I asked.

"Promise me you won't have sex with him unless you use protection and my room is off limits." She said sternly.

"Ewwww!!! Your nasty! I haven't even had my first kiss yet, and besides he only asked me out like two days ago." I said disgusted by what she said.

"So you promise?" She asked, giving me a funny look again.

I sighed. "Yes I promise."

She smiled, satisfied by my answer.

"Okay well I guess I'll be leaving now, bye little sis, and bye to you too Danny. Have funny, but not to much fun." She warned looking between Danny and I. She shot me a don't-do-anything-you'll-regret look before finally leaving.

After the door slammed behind her, I went to the living room, and sat on the other end of the couch. Danny did the same.

"What did you want to tell me Danny?" I asked.

I watched as he scooted closer till we were only a few inches apart. I felt myself growing nervous, my throat started to dry up, and palms began to sweat.

"Amelia, I couldn't make it to our date because my grandpa had a heart attack." He said.

I gasped.

"Oh my gosh is he alright?" I asked shocked and concerned.

"Yes, he's fine." He replied with a small smile.

"Thank God." I said relieved.

"When I was on my way to your house I had to immediately rush to the hospital as soon as my mom called me explaining what happened. My grandpa and I are so close so I had to go." He said, sadness laced in his voice.

"I understand, I'm close to my grandpa more then anyone else in my family, but you could've called me." I said.

"I was going to as soon as I arrived at the hospital. When I got there my parents were waiting for me in the waiting room. My mom was crying and so was my dad which shocked me because I've never seen him cry before. They both hugged me because I was crying a little as well, but I tried to stay strong for my grandpa. I was going to text you really quick because my phone was about to die, but some person from the hospital said phones were not allowed so my mom took it from me and turned it off right before it died. I saw how much support my dad needed after all it is his dad so I spent the whole night with my family in the hospital without resting." He explained.

"You poor thing! Now I feel like a monster. I'm so sorry I should have let you explain." I said feeling guilty.

"Don't be, you had every right to be mad at me." He replied, grabbing my hand and rubbing soft circles on it in an attempt to comfort me.

"It's just now that you explained why you couldn't make it I can't help, but feel selfish." I said.

"It's fine, lets drop the subject, okay?" He suggested.

"Okay." I said in agreement.

"Amelia, can we start over?" He asked.

"Sure." I replied.

"Hi! I'm Danny and I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me tomorrow." He said.

"I'm Amelia and I would be more than happy to go out on a date with you." I said, smiling.

Danny grinned down at me. We stayed staring at each other for a while. I noticed he began leaning in. My eyes fluttered shut and waiting to feel his lips pressed against mine. Sadly our moment was interrupted by a knock on the door. So we never got to kiss witch made me sad. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank you all for reading this chapter and thank you Once again Blanca. Sorry for any mistakes.