116. Matt- Not Really

(Requested)

(y/n) has ptsd from being in a war on their home planet. the sky makes them feel calmer, a nirvana in the storm. also, being around matt makes them feel serene.

long story short maxie boy doesn't really have an alien gf and (Y/N) thinks so but they bear it and then yadda yadda yadda boom gasp they make out

just kidding my stories aren't that simple

or are they

jk i'm messing with you

(but my previous oneshots are all GARBAGE LIKE EW OMG)

also, will be finishing my previously requested oneshots and the ones i'm working on now. probably will have 120 oneshots by the time i end this book :)

it's been a long ride, and i'm glad to have you all with me

i'll be posting a long goodbye chapter monologue when everything is complete and will be making sure to try and make you all feel appreciated. truly, it has been amazing

__

My mouth formed into a snarl as I heard the unbearable sound of laughter from two of my crewmates. Ugh, love. Digusting. Their voices rang down the hall and into my ears as I groaned and shoved a pillow over my head to try and attempt to block out the noise.

"I have a sister, dad, mom, and a dog back home-" He'd never told me any of this stuff. Where he was from, what hobbies he had, how his eyes grew to be that amazing shade of sunset hazelnut. I sighed, and flopped back down onto my bed, making a weak attempt to throw the previous head-pillow to the other side of the room. Rolling onto my back, the chatter from the main room was greeted with silence as I pressed the button for my door to close.

Why am I like this?

__

Discreetly creeping to the deck, I made sure no one was there before sitting down and admiring the view of the blank, black cosmos laid out before me, splattered with millions of tiny stars. We were on our way to Earth, so I thought it'd seem fit to at least make an effort to think about what it was like.

From what I'd heard before, it was much like my home planet. Many inhabitants, families, children, wars, poverty, trade, development, leaders that look like shriveled oranges that want to make reforms that will plummet our economy so that we'll fall into even more debt. Yeah, I missed home. I thought Matt did as well, and I was right. From what he's been telling his new girlfriend.

My eyes drifted to my hands, which I didn't realize were clenched in tight fists, knuckles turning white because of the pressure. Slowly, I let go and breathed out. Calm down. This is your time for relaxation. Look at the galaxy. That's what calmed you down back home, right? Yeah, do that.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't realize another had stepped onto the same deck and was now behind me. They tapped my shoulder, and my heart-rate spiked up as I wheeled around and locked them in a choke-hold.

"Woah! (Y/N)!" I knew that voice.

"Oh, Lily? Oh my god, I am so sorry." I let go as the female alien giggled and brushed it off. My mouth tilted up at an attempt to smile, but quickly dropped as I remembered she was the one who was now with Matt. I felt jealous. I didn't hate her, she was one of my friends. Just a little envious, that's all.

"So..." I started a bit of conversation. "What brought you here?" She sighed, leaning against the table and twitched her fingers. Damn, even her little quirks are cute. Matt's ideal type, am I right?