106. Keith- Fire

(Requested)

Keith x Sibling! Reader

you two watching the world burn from the safety of your tent, sipping tab cola

__

Pushing and shoving my brother, I grunted and reached forwards, snagging the last piece of cake and shoving the whole thing into my mouth, laughing and choking at the same time, coughing crumbs out as my eyes watered, still trying to celebrate the win.

"You're disgusting, oh my god..." I got a bottle of water and drank, washing down the cake that I had been previously choking on. I sighed in relief as it went down, the taste still remaining inside of my mouth. "Ah man, that hits the spot."

Keith just rolled his eyes and sighed, shaking his head.

"What am I going to do with you?" I grinned, cleaning cake bits off of my teeth from inside of my mouth and chuckled, elbowing his arm.

"But you love me." He ruffled my hair and slung an arm around my shoulders, making my face brighten up even more than it already was.

"Yeah sure."

__

"Okay, okay. List please." Keith handed me a crinkled sheet of paper, and I read off the materials that we needed for the day. A pile of stuff sat next to my brother, who was rummaging through it, almost disappearing in the hunk of a mess.

"Beach chairs."

"Check."

"Lotion."

"Check."

"No swimsuits."

"Check."

"Mock-aritas."

"Check."

"Chips."

"Check."

"Alright, we're good to go!" I slapped the notebook closed and rubbed my hands together, ready to watch the world completely burn as the others faced off in an intense volleyball match. We eased down and just observed as Allura slammed the ball into the ground, making it stay there, a small cloud of sand washing over the white leather.

We laughed as Lance tried to latch his hands over it and pull it out, but no avail. Our glasses clinked together, bodies slouched in the bright blue and yellow striped sun chairs. I sipped the red drink and flicked my sunglasses on, the sweet taste of punch coming onto my tongue, then immediately being replaced by a sour feeling. It was extremely refreshing, like a reversed Toxic Waste. The chips were also hella good, a nice balance to the drinks that we'd ingested.

"I'll not be able to feel my mouth for the next week," Keith sighed happily, high-fiving me. I returned the gesture and smiled along with him, watching as Allura completely dominated the playing field at a sport she'd never tried until now.

The rest of the evening took place accordingly, as Keith and I headed to the refuge of our rooms for a while, when everyone came back as well, playing Monopoly and screaming at each other as I bought Boardwalk and made him go bankrupt, binging out while watching Supernatural, and just talking about conspiracy theories and what we were into nowadays.

Back on Earth, we didn't really have time to connect, nor did we want to. I was still in the Garrison while Keith was alone in the desert. A year after he got kicked out, I moved in with him.

It actually wasn't for a bittersweet reason, it just was that the James kid kept on harassing me, since I was related to Keith. I wonder how he didn't find that out sooner. Maybe just dense as a stone. Who knows. But while in space, I'd seen his reactions to events, and noticed how much he had grown, from being a cold, quiet one, to a natural leader.

That spurred my emotions and I approached him as a sibling, for the first time in years. So it started. Every day, we'd spend at least two hours together, chatting about random things, or events that would go on in our lives. And of course, Lance was surprised to learn that I was related to the hard to reach out to emo cowboy.

But right now it was quiet. Everyone had gone to bed, and the lights in Keith's room were slowly blinking on and off with a hazy glow, patterning the walls with stars and moon symbols, going away, then back, away, then back again. I loved seeing the images flash on the shining walls of his room, always making me think about my old room back on Earth, where I cut out a lampshade to match the hollow images of planets, and spun it around so the pictures would be everywhere, a light underneath the cloth.

"Every night I lie in bed," I started to sing, out of the blue. "The brightest colors fill my head." It took my brother a few moments to figure out what I was singing, but as he eventually did, his face lit up.

"A million dreams are keeping me awake." Keith joined in, his rough and scratchy voice blending perfectly with the smoothness of mine. I got up and walked towards the keyboard, promptly stopping the acapella session to add music.

"I think of what the world can be, a vision of the one I see." Keith smiled and sat next to me, playing a duet, mixing melodies to form a musical storm.

"A million dreams is all it's gonna take." We looked at each other, grinning from ear to ear as the light illuminated our features, eyes staring into one another.

"A million dreams for the world we're gonna make." I laughed and stopped playing, bending over to give Keith a hug, my chin resting on his right shoulder, hands clenching the back of his shirt. I felt him relax and wrap his arms around my torso, leather gloves brushing the back of my neck.

"Thanks."

"No problem. But this is super cheesy, and I'm tired, so let's sleep." Snickering, I let go and patted his hair, using a hairband to make a little baby-ponytail near his forehead. Keith looked up and just left it there. I smiled, cooing at how innocent he looked with that up-do.

"Aww, okay, bye Keith. See you in the morning."

"Goodnight (Y/N)."