110. Shiro- Black and Blue

(Requested)

Shiro x Depressed! Reader

__

The hand imprint came in hard against my skin, the mark turning an immediate red and slowly turned into a large bruise on the side of my face that was met with metal. My eyes slowly turned and I cowered in horror as I saw Shiro with this fiery look in his eyes, menacing and daring to burst.

"Stop giving me that bull!" he shouted, fists clenched and teeth bared, eyes wild. "You're being crazy and out of the question! We're fighting in space and you're telling me that you're sad?" I stammered, not knowing what to say.

"W-Well I-" He sneered and rolled his eyes.

"W-Well I," he mocked, making his voice purposely high. "Stop whining and just go. I don't know why you're telling me this." I slowly nodded and smiled, holding my cheek, tears welling up in my eyes. I tried to hold them back and walked briskly back to my room.

Opening the door and slamming it shut, I clutched my head and sobbed, wiping my face with my hands, knuckles white and stained pink, the bruise hurting more and more with every moment.

No one cares, even him, he doesn't. I was heartbroken. The mere thought of Shiro would make my heart go wild. I thought he would get it. I thought he would actually make me happier, try and comfort me when I needed it.

"Apparently not," I mumbled, laughing to myself, voice gurgling because of the crying.

__

Shiro noticed that (Y/N) didn't go to dinner, after the recent epidemic. He was bothered by their absence, to say the least. It kept him up in the night, wondering what had happened. Is it because I reacted harshly? I mean, they should realize the seriousness of the situation at hand.

He shook his head and sighed, heading out in a white tank top and boxers, slipping on sandals and walking outside at midnight for a drink. The halls were empty, eerily quiet as he headed towards the kitchen to pour himself a cup of coffee. Sliding along, he started to hear clatters and rattling, soft crunches in the kitchen. Probably the mice.

Once he'd arrived, Shiro wasn't alone on his small adventure to the fridge. (Y/N) was there, rummaging through all the junk that was in the cabinet drawer. He froze for a moment, realizing that they must have been hungry from skipping supper. A few minutes passed, with the clanking and rattling, shuffling of a bag, and crunching and clacking from the material that was being put in.

(Y/N) poked their head out, noticing a pair of shoes at the base of the floor. They just stared, surprised by Shiro's presence. An awkward tension grew in the air as the two figures looked at each other.

"O-Oh, Shiro..." they stuttered, quickly closing the refrigerator. "Sorry, I'll leave." In the faint light of the small fridge, Shiro could see a black and purple bruise on the side of their face. He sprinted forwards and grabbed their wrist before (Y/N) could go away.

"I'm sorry, please don't hurt me-!" (Y/N) yelped, shielding their eyes and turning their head away, flinching at Shiro's touch. The male flicked on the lights and just gazed at the large hand mark on (Y/N)'s delicate skin. Why did I do this?

The figure in Shiro's arms shivered as cold, human fingers graced the nerves atop, gently tracing the pattern that the bruise made. (Y/N) slowly opened their eyes, looking at Shiro's expression as he came to a realization.

"Did I... do this?" he whispered, mostly kept to himself, but (Y/N) could hear it as well, and just had to answer.

"Yeah," they muttered back, slowly sliding their hand up to intertwine with Shiro's, setting his human hand down. "Just a couple hours ago, I came here to ice it again." Takashi gazed at his metal arm, looking at it in utter and complete disgust.

"(Y/N), I'm so sorry," he said, looking down. "I didn't know-" They shook their head and let go of Shiro's hand, un-grasping the one around his wrist. (Y/N) looked at Shiro with somewhat of pity, contempt and understanding.

"No, no, you were right. I was being ridiculous, Shiro. The mission is more important. I was stupid for even mentioning it to you," they whispered, a bit louder than a few seconds ago. "Look, it's okay. Just leave me be." Their eyes gazed into Takashi's grey ones and shined. Shiro, of all people knew what pain looked like.

He wrapped his arms around (Y/N)'s waist and embraced them, burying his face into the crook of their neck. The shorter figure was surprised, not expecting the sudden gesture, expecting him to listen to what they said and leave the room.

"I am so sorry," he sighed, voice wavering. "At the moment I didn't know, I didn't realize you needed someone... And I'm just an idiot, and didn't consider- (Y/N), please forgive me." He felt tears leaking out of his eyes, dripping down (Y/N)'s shoulder and down their back. Shiny, stormy grey eyes met (Y/N)'s dazzling ones, and both of them could've sworn that they felt something click.

"Want me to help you ice it?" he chuckled, wiping his eyes. "Let me take care of it. Then we can talk about what you needed to chat with me about earlier." (Y/N) nodded and smiled, pressing their lips against Shiro's cheek for a brief second, thankful.

"Yeah. That'd be great. Thanks a bunch."