43. Keith- Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man

By: Mumford and Sons

I hope you enjoy.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weep for yourself, my man,
You'll never be what is in your heart

Keith was crouched in his room, tearing at his own skin with a bloodied blade. He shrieked as he remembered my gaze upon him, finding him in a room with another woman. One he didn't love. He only loved me, but didn't have the chance to say so.

Weep little lion man,
You're not as brave as you were at the start

He gasped in pain as his arm started to gush blood. Keith heaved, knowing that he was dying.

Rate yourself and rake yourself,
Take all the courage you have left
Wasted on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head

His tears stained his own red jacket, tainting my scent, with the salt.

But it was not your fault but mine
And it was your heart on the line
I really fucked it up this time
Didn't I, my dear?

Keith laughed madly as he remembered my happy face as we ran through a field of wildflowers, the breeze tousling both of our hair.

Tremble for yourself, my man,
You know that you have seen this all before

He remembered all those times where I was laying in his lap, laughing together. I snuggled into his shoulder, hinting. He was too afraid to tell me.

Tremble little lion man,
You'll never settle any of your scores

I kissed his hand, my eyes shining hopefully. Keith just looked away, smiling.

Your grace is wasted in your face,
Your boldness stands alone among the wreck
Now learn from your mother or else spend your days biting your own neck

He groaned as he started to rub his temples, his vision getting fuzzy. Keith thought he deserved to die. You were now happier without him. You didn't need him, he only disappointed you further.

"I hope you can be happier with another..."

Keith blacked out.

(Timeskip)

I waited for days and days by the cryo-pod after seeing Keith's bloody body on the floor. It's not too late, it's not too late, it's not too late, it's not too late... I gasped in happiness as the door slid open, Keith falling to the floor. I cradled him in my arms, looking at his fluttering eyes. He opened his eyes.

"(Y/N)...?" Keith was cut off by my lips pressing onto his. He slowly kissed back, his hand entangling in my hair.

"Keith...!" I sobbed, crying into his shoulder, "Don't ever do that again, please! You're tearing me apart!" He winced, embracing my body. I cried harder and harder into his shoulder, with him clutching me tighter and tighter.

"I don't understand... Why did you come for me?" I looked at him fiercely. I raised a hand and slapped him in the face.

"Keith Kogane, ask that again."

"N-Nevermind." My face broke out into a smile as I kissed him again. He smiled and kissed back, lifting me up into the air.

"A-Ahh!" I yelped, still laughing, "K-Keith! Put me down!" He chuckled and set me onto the floor.

"Don't leave me."

"I wasn't planning to."