49. Lotor- Clone

(Requested)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Shiro has been acting off recently. That hasn't been boding well with me, or Lotor. We both know that Haggar has something to do with it, but we can't risk triggering the whole team, or else we can say goodbye to our alliance.

The only way to do this is to get some proof, and fast.

Currently, I was training with Lotor. Sparring, for that matter. I grunted as our swords clashed together, sparks flying everywhere.

"You've gotten better, love," Lotor panted, wiping his brow, "Training without me? How sad." I smirked.

"I can't do everything with you, you know," I laughed, ducking down from his attack.

"Can you?~"

"I can, yes."

"Hmmm~ Not with me around, no."

"I suppose you're right. You act like a whiny Opulous when they're missing their owner."

"I can't be that clingy~"

"You are." I knocked him down to the ground using a leg sweep.

"Did I improve, or did you get worse?" I teased, standing over him. He licked his lips.

"I don't know~" I rolled my eyes and pulled him up, pecking him. He chuckled and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Let's take a break."

(Timeskip)

I huffed, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Are you sure he did that?" I asked, swirling the ice cubes around my nunvil.

"I'm sure, (Y/N). If the witch is really tracking us with this guy, we need to act fast and accordingly," Lotor replied, sipping his drink. I sighed and placed my glass down.

"How do you know for sure?"

"I tracked Narti. I know. Do you trust my judgement?"

"I do... But what about the other paladins? And the Blade? The Earthling Keith won't be happy."

"We just have to find the real one faster than they can see."

"Hmm."

(Timeskip)

I think by now the whole team suspected Shiro to be a clone. This was our chance. Striking now had to be the most crucial thing in our whole array of plans.

"Lotor," I said to my boyfriend, "We have to go, now." He nodded and clasped my hand, kissing it.

"I won't let them hurt you," he said, voice deep. I smiled and cupped his cheek, pressing my lips to his.

"I won't either. Let's go." We put on our suits and went to Shiro's room. Incoherent mumbling could be heard from inside.

"Quintessence... She's watching... Watching us... Oriande...Quintessence, unlimited quintessence!" Shiro said madly, twitching. I gasped and looked at Lotor.

"He is possessed by the witch. Shatter his eyes. It's the only way." Lotor grimaced.

"Can't we just kill him and be done?" I shook my head.

"The way to remove the curse and find the real one is to shatter his eyes. The witch Haggar can only see through his eyes," I whispered, pointing towards mine. Lotor squeezed his eyes shut and opened them, a determined glare dusting his expression.

"On my go."

"3..."

"2..."

"1..."

"GO!" I yelled slamming the door down. Shiro turned to look at us, snarling. Lotor lunged and slammed Shiro to the wall.

"You fooled me for a while, witch. I've been watching your every move. The only real reason you wanted this was to get (Y/N). I knew you were listening the night we had our engagement. You wanted to stop it.

"Do you know how incredibly rude it is to listen to other peoples' conversations?" Lotor growled, leaning closer to his face, "From this day on, you will obey us. And us only." I walked up and clamped one of his eyes, and yanked it out. Same goes for the other one. Blood splattered everywhere and Shiro screamed out in pain, thrashing in Lotor's grip.

Tears were streaming down my face as I tossed aside the small balls.

"I'm sorry... This was the only way..." I whispered, slipping a pill down the clone's throat, knocking him unconscious.

(Timeskip)

I explained the whole situation to the paladins. They were mad, but thankful that I hadn't killed him.

"I am... Sorry we had to resort to this option. In the future, when we can have the real Shiro back, I promise to you that we will help your group defend the universe," I said airily, out of breath. Lotor placed a hand on my back.

"Are you okay, love?"

"Fine, Lotor." I got up, placing a hand over my mouth, trying not to gag. I rushed into the bathroom and threw up.

"(Y/N)!" Lotor exclaimed, rushing to my side, "Love, what's the matter?" I shook my head as a waterfall of tears poured out of my eyes.

"I-I can't... Lotor... Their expressions... They know he's out there, but they can't find him..." I sobbed, "They knew..." Lotor gently kissed the back of my neck, pulling my hair up into a braid.

"We'll find him soon enough, my love."

(Timeskip)

I took a long shower, to calm my nerves. After changing into my night-wear, and getting ready for bed, I crept onto the cushion that Lotor and I shared. He placed a hand on my head and kissed my jaw.

"Dear, for now, don't worry about anything. You've over-exhausted yourself," he said softly, pressing his lips onto my face, over and over. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his torso.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too, (Y/N)." I snuggled down into the covers with my king and hummed in content. It didn't matter that anyone else was in the castle at the moment.

For now, in my universe, it was just him and me.