89. Matt- Glow Up

at first you a a throwup but then

BOW

you just glow up

you just glow up

matt is a snacc

also who dis in the top picture HOLDING HANDS WITH MATT

ALIEN GF??????????

AAND HE SNATCHED HIS DAMN MOTHERS WEAVE PONYTAIL BOY

__

As I was making my way towards the deck of the ship, I saw a familiar face.

"Matt!" I walked to him and handed him a small file. "I need the reports on how the Coalition is doing- what are you working on?" He jumped and laughed nervously, hiding something behind his back. I raised an eyebrow and motioned for him to give me the small item. He sighed and handed it over reluctantly.

"A... communicator? This is from the Garrison-" I stopped and looked at him with softened eyes. "Did you want to contact your family?" The strawberry blonde crossed his arms and looked down with a conflicted aura. I smiled and hugged him, patting his back as he wrapped his arms around my neck and cradled my head.

"Babe, we're going to be back on Earth in less than three vargas, alright?" I whispered, kissing the tip of his ear. "I love you, okay?" Matt nodded and pressed his lips to my forehead.

"I love you too," he mumbled, pulling me down to cuddle on the couch.

__

"We're here," Matt breathed, looking out the window at the blue and green planet. I squeezed his hand as the ship landed, slipping on my blue and grey mask. He happily squeezed my hand back as the door opened, and the ramp slid down. Holding hands, we both walked off of the ship, looking happily at everyone else.

"Your family is here, Matt," I whispered, nudging for him to go and greet them. He smiled and guided for me to come with him. Laughing, I was running towards the Holt family, Matt pulling my arm excitedly.

"Mom! Dad! Katie!" he exclaimed, hugging them, tears spilling out of his eyes. My heart felt like it was about to burst watching the happy family reunion.

"And who's this?" Sam Holt asked, gesturing to me. Matt smiled and clasped my hand.

"This is (Y/N). My significant other." I grinned at Pidge, who smirked back.

"We've met before," she and I said simultaneously, shaking hands and pointing at each other. Sam and Colleen sighed softly and gave tearful smiles.

"I'm so glad to be able see you all safe." Matt wrapped an arm around my shoulders and lifted up the mask to plant a quick kiss on my lips.

"Let's go on inside."

__

"How fast do you guys age, even? I haven't noticed it yet, but now, I just realized none of you stayed the same except for me," I chuckled, trying to get my hair back in its place.

"I think you've changed a lot, if you know what I mean-" Lance flirted, only to be hit by an angry Pidge. "Ow!"

"They're dating my brother, so don't get any ideas." I chuckled and rested on my elbows, shoulders sort of hunched over. Admiring the room, I'd realized a lot had changed the four years we'd been in space. Not just us, not just the Garrison, but the whole planet.

"Say, what has the Garrison been up to? I noticed the rather large, neon orange particle barrier surrounding the base," I commented, sipping on water. "What's up with that? Did the mechanics happen to get their hands on some Altean technology and integrate it with Earth tech?" Hunk furrowed his eyebrows together and tried to explain.

"Well, I mean, they have, I think from a non-renewable energy source, or maybe from a crystal sample Mr. Holt got from his time in space-" Hunk's short ramble was interrupted with the sound of the door sliding open to reveal Veronica and the MFE pilots. I sprung up, elated while recognizing all of their faces.

"James!" I shouted, rushing over to hug him. "You're actually here!" I shook his shoulders, surprising him.

"What- (Y/N)? You're here? When- you didn't tell me, idiot!" I embraced him back, tears welling up in my eyes. "Do you know how worried I was when the news popped up that you were gone?"

"I know, James, I know. I'm here now," I whispered, voice shaky because of how much I was crying. I clenched my hands before separating, trying to wipe my tears away before I was tackled to the ground by Rizave.

"(Y/N)! Ah, you're back!" she squealed, hands on my shoulders. I laughed, still crying.

"Rizave, get off of me, you're crushing me!" I wheezed, pushing her off. The girl giggled and crawled off. I sat happily, in pure euphoria before standing up again.

"What... just happened." I smiled, ruffling James' hair and looping my arm around his neck, jabbing a thumb at myself.

"I'm this dork's sibling." Kissing his head, I smiled again. "And you missed me, didn't you?" I cooed, giving him a shit-eating grin. James spluttered before turning red and crossing his arms.

"You're so stubborn. That's one thing that didn't change about you. But man, are you tall now! You finally went through puberty." Looking around the room, I revisited an old point of mine.

"Damn, all of you had major glowups, I swear to god!"

__

bc this chapter was shit i'm sorry

also: writer's block ;-; sksksksks

i'll do a better matt oneshot in the future :))