Chapter 4

*dictionary: beta-jii= young child, saheb=husband, lover...

 Video is dance scene

Narration: Nicole knows where her friend left to but can’t trace back at all. Hunter is awoken out of his drunken stupor; still a virgin and having no recollection of the night before. But time moves on and so does everyone else, just like that five years have passed.

God has let two lives lead one life, together in happiness and love.

You are cordially invited to the union of,

Madison Smith

and

Frank Hanes.

We gladly request your presence at the Longhorn hotel ballroom for the reception and wedding on August 19 at 5:00 pm.

Katrina smiled at the ivory card.

“What’s that?” Jack came up from behind her, making her jump. The Singh family had soon taken Jack under their wing as their son.

As soon as they had moved, Katrina thought his old attitude would stir up and he would cause trouble for everyone. But instead she was amazed by his new attitude. He didn't play hooky anymore and was always attentive in class. He was still popular with the females but never went as far as a friendly conversation.

“It’s Maddie’s and Frank's wedding!” she squealed, handing him the card. Jack gave a once over and grimaced, “See that Frankies taking the plunge,” Katrina laughed. His face hardened at the location, but he quickly masked it with a subtle smile.

“So you planning on going?” He asked her. Katrina’s face lit up in a wide grin, “Beta-jii*, I’ve been planning for this day ever since we left”.

Jack only nodded. After they left North Platte, Katrina had caged herself out because of the traumatic experience. She didn’t go near any males, excluding Jack and her father. In fact, she cringed when they were near her and ran away when they spoke to her. A year passed with this reclusive behavior and her family was worried about Katrina. Jack tried speaking to her and help her, but all Katrina would do was shut out his words and refuse to listen. Until he brought up the topic of revenge.

Revenge, sweet revenge. Make Hunter bow down at her feet and plead guilty for his wrongs. Make Kingsley and the others hang for making rubbish of her chaste body. Until Katrina figured, why not just castrate them slowly, cut by miniscule cut? At which Jack cringed and cradled his manhood.

They had figured a more subtle approach, and threw away Katrina’s horror collection (a new favorite pastime). Why not let the fool fall in love with her and dump him in the same humiliating way he dumped her? Katrina reluctantly agreed not to use any violent or injuring processes in the plan.

“So when do we plan on leaving?” Katrina asked her father who read over the invitation, he then called his wife out of the kitchen. Rani Singh walked out with her young son in her arms. Katrina’s mother had given birth to a baby boy when Kat was in her second year of college. After months of staying in the sick bed because of the birth, Rani got up on her feet and raised her new son. Arjun was the pride and joy of the family. Not only was he adorable; he was extremely clever.

“What do we have here?” Rani grabbed the card out of his grasp, shifting Arjun onto her hip, “Oooh a wedding? How extravagant!” She squealed as she scanned the card, “Can we please go saheb*, pretty please?” Ranveer stared at the begging eyes of his family and let out a sigh, “Yes, yes, we’ll go,” Everyone rejoiced and hugged Ranveer.

“It’ll be Arj’s first wedding!” Jack took the baby in his arms as Kat pinched the young boy’s cheeks. Arjun let out a bubbly giggle at the family’s excitement.

Jack and Kat exchanged a knowing smile; she would finally get her revenge.

Hunter stared at his shot glass with renewed interest, as he scanned the clear liquid inside.

“Dude, just drink the damn thing already! I mean its my bachelor party!” Frank said to his close friend with a bemused expression. Hunter downed the shot and sputtered at the burn down his throat.

“So no strippers?” Frank rolled his eyes at his friend's suggestion, “You know that Maddie would kill me if I ordered some of those, and besides what’s the use of wasting money on someone's body?”

Hunter just shrugged and had his glass refilled and downed one after another. As intoxication took over his body, he stared drunkenly around the bar. The stage at which the band was playing at had become empty and people seemed to be placing speakers at random intervals.

Music began to pound around the room, giving Hunter a headache. As he massaged his temples, he saw a curvaceous girl enter onto the stage.

Frank lied about the strippers, he groaned as his body began to heat up with the girls sensual dancing. She looked vaguely familiar in her shimmering outfit; that exposed her flat stomach and pushed up her cleavage. The music was in a language that was foreign to him. All the males in the room were in a haze induced stupor. A fit male also entered the stage and began to dance with her. The tattoo on his arm was a clear indication of who the man was. A heart with an arrow piercing it, overlapped by two angelwings. Only one weirdo would get that sissy tattoo.

“JACK!” In a drunken craze, he tried to reach the stage, but was blocked by all the males and females crowding it. His voice could not be heard over the booming music and shrill wolf whistles. The girl dancing turned to full view in front of Hunter and their eyes locked. Hunter’s jaw opened in horror as Katrina shook her hips. Recognition crossed over her face but quickly faded, replaced with a smirk.  

Her eyes locked with his and it took all of her willpower not to jump off the stage and bash his head repeatedly till his brains oozed out. Jack had noticed and restrained her by grabbing her waist and relentlessly shook it to the beat.

When the music ended, an exhausted Jack dragged a enthusiastic Katrina off the stage. After a boorish amount of men asked her for specials, Jack towed her outside into the crisp night air and allowed her to breathe.

Minutes later, “I....saw.....him,” Jack only nodded, nervously biting his lower lip, “Well to be more fortunate, he saw me and did you see his face!?” Jack released a sigh of content relief, “It’s as ugly as ever and he looked like he was a puppy who had gotten kicked multiple times!” Katrina screamed into the night, her voice filling an empty void and brimming out; into the streets.

Finally exhausted from shouting, she tiredly fell into Jack’s arms. Smiling, he carried her into the car and kissed her forehead as she quietly slept in the passenger's seat as he drove them home.

Thank you for all the votes and comments!! I know I should have updated a while ago, but here you are.