Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

Kat did not feel great, she felt absolutely terrible. She was lying on her back, staring at the ceiling. Her back hurt so bad. She could barely stand. Groaning, she lay in bed waiting her imminent doom, hoping the pain would pass in a couple of minutes. All of a sudden her phone rang and she finally found energy to pick it up.

"Hey!" Kat greeted her best friend with a jolly tone all the while suppressing the stabbing pain in her back.

"I had sex with Hunter last night," Suddenly all the pain disappeared from her back.

"What?!" She sat perfectly upright.

"I'm not certain, I think I was drugged last night. Maybe it led to sex, maybe not. I just don't remember anything. Aggh I'm so frustrated!!" Nicole sounded harried and worried.

"You should go to the police! Get a rape test! Oh sweet heart!" Katrina was already out of her room in her pj's, ready to grab her car keys, "Where are you right now?"

"Uh well, in front of your house," Katrina looked out the window and sure enough, there was a sheepish looking Nicole sitting in her car. Katrina could not stop the laughter that came bubbling out from her mouth at the absurdity of the situation. Katrina walked out of the house and into the car.

"Well lets head to the station, I know you feel uncomfortable, but honestly we need to make sure you're okay. You might have contacted some disgusting disease from the bastard," Katrina shook her head in disgust as she buckled in and Nicole began to drive.

"I highly doubt it. Hunter's a virgin," Katrina head snapped to stare at Nicole.

"I call bullshit," she said, disturbed highly by the thought. Nicole only shook her head, "From what I've learned through extensive research of college parties, guys hate having to admit their virgin status, but are totally fine with being labelled as conniving man hoes," Katrina wanted to know how Nicole even got her information but kept her inquiries to herself.

"Where are we going anyways?" Kat asked trying to change the subject.

"Oh that new coffee place in middle of everywhere," Nicole answered.

"You mean Starbucks?" Kat answered laughing.

"Yup. The white girl crack dealer." Kat doubled over in the car with tears rolling in her eyes. She could barely breathe.

"B-b-but you are a white girl," Kat informed a grimacing Nicole through giggles.

"Shut up," As they parked in the lot, of a crowded Starbucks, Kat heard her phone buzz, and saw a two texts: one from her dad, the other from Jack. Both asking where the hell she was. Sighing, she replied to both that she was safe and sound at a Starbucks about to be mauled away by a bear.

As they walked in, Katrina heard a familiar ring tone and turned to see Jack sitting at a booth.

"Oye jangli Jack!!" Kat yelled to see her fake brother look up with a smirk at her.

"Hey Deepika," Why was he using her fake name? Wait who was he with? Oh shut the front fucking door! Hunter's messy blond hair stuck up at odd angles as he turned around and looked at her with dark rings around his eyes. They widened as he saw Nicole behind Kat. He blushed bright red as she just winked. Kat rolled her eyes at Nicole before taking a seat next to Jack. He noticed her shaking hands, and he put his warm one over hers, instantly calming her down. She gave him a shaky smile which he returned with his annoying smirk. Hunters eyes narrowed at the interaction.

"You should really smile. I hate when you tilt your mouth like that," Kat went forward and stretched Jacks lips into a smile.

"It's called a smirk, and I like it better," Kat just rolled her eyes, but gave up. Nicole waggled her brows at her, which in turn made Kat roll her eyes again.

"Hey Hunter, I heard what happened last night," Hunter looked surprised under Kat's judgemental glare and turned bright red.

" I don't know what happened Deepika, but I really just want to find out why I was drugged. I mean what did I do to deserve that?" he rubbed his temples in frustration, as Kat looked on in confusion. She really wanted to doubt his words but his actions seemed to contradict everything she believed. As if reading her mind, Hunter opened his mouth and said the one thing she had tried to suppress.

"You know, I used to have a girlfriend in high school, her name was Katrina," everyone at the table flinched, but Hunter didn't seem to notice, "She actually looked a lot like you really," Nicole coughed the word 'idiot' under her breathe, "We planned on sleeping with each other, but I think I was a bit too drunk that night, I ended up falling asleep and she left the morning after. I found out she had moved and so had my best friend," he gave a saddened look to Jack.

"Wait, you don't remember anything from that night?" Katrina asked literally jumping out of her seat. Hunter shook his head, "Nope, all I remember was her going into the shower," he sighed again. "I wish I hadn't gotten drunk that night. If only I stayed awake, I wouldn't be in this virgin dilemma," Kat sat stock still. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. If Hunter hadn't set up that group of guys to rape her, who had?

"Wait how did you and Katrina start dating?" Nicole asked, Kat's ears perked up. Yeah, what about the bet, if Hunter hadn't set up the rape, was the bet a lie that Kingsley made as well?

"Oh, jeez this is awkward. Well I started dating her because of a game we played in high school. It was kinda like a bet, the first girl we saw turn the corner in a hallway or to leave the restroom was usually the victim. Jack was the one who suggested it actually".

Jack noticed Kat freeze up and get out of the chair.

"Really?" Nicole asked all the while glaring at Jack.

"Yeah but I ended up really liking her, but I highly doubt I'll really see her again. I feel like I did something terrible to her and I wish I could say sorry," Hunter said sighing with his head in his hands.

"No I think she still probably likes you Hunter, you shouldn't beat yourself up over something that happened ages ago," Kat said leaving the cafe in a huff. Jack followed her, knowing he would have to clear some of this up. As they got out, Kat whirled around to glare at Jack.

"How could you do this to me? How could you not tell me this? Were you really just playing a game? Was all of this, all of our friendship a game to you? You knew how I felt about Hunter, you knew how much it hurt! Was all your sympathy a lie, Jack? Why did you do that? Why?" Tears were streaming down Katrina's cheeks and only one thought popped into Jack's mind.

"Because I love you".