Chapter 2

Please vote and comment at the end, thanks!

STORY

“Man why do you act so gentlemanly in front of her?” Jack asked his friend, Hunter, who shrugged in response. They sat in Hunter’s backyard, filling water balloons for their upcoming prank. 

“Hey, the bet was your idea. I only have to date her till prom. Then pada ping pada pong! I’m single!” Jack wanted to punch Hunter in the face. He wished he had never initiated that bet during winter break. That one foolish game that the guys played when they came out of the locker room, ‘Round corner, 100 bucks,’ whichever girl came out from the girls locker room would be the target of flirtations around a set amount of time, and if you did not get the girl completely besotted with you in the respected time amount, then you had to pay 100 bucks. But if you did win then, you got 100 bucks from whomever that doubted you. Hunter’s bet had already risen to 9,000 dollars and was still going strong. Half of the reason was because no one had thought that the straight laced Katrina Singh would fall for a cheesy trick. But like every other girl in their school, she was completely besotted with Hunter James. 

Not that Jack cared. He honestly hated the gut wrenching feeling he got whenever the couple hugged or kissed. It brought back painful memories that he refused to surface, burying them deep within his confines. 

“So are you ready for prom?” Hunter gave his brooding friend a sideways glance, “I mean who are you taking?” 

Jack looked at him, his emerald eyes clouded with confusion, “Oh um, Nicole,” Hunter’s jaw dropped, Jack caught the action, “What?”

“You mean you’re going to sleep with the sexy redhead? Damn boy never thought you would get over your infatuation of brunettes.” Hunter let out a whistle. Jack rolled his eyes.

“We’re going as friends, because you’re going with Kat and we both don’t have a date,” I don’t have an obsession with brunettes either! But every girl he had slept with lately did have long brown hair. 

“I guess that makes sense, but you’re not gonna sleep with her? Damn I would if I could!” Hunter laid back as Jack continued to fill water balloons. Mrs. James walked out with a tray of lemonade and cookies.

“What are you boys doing?” She asked while placing the tray on the ground.

“We’re getting ready for the senior prank,” Hunter replied while snagging a cookie from the tray. Hunter’s mom snatched the cookie back and placed it on the tray, “You mean Jack is, not we’re you hardly ever do anything,” she handed Jack a cookie and a glass with lemonade, “Thanks for always being such a good friend to Hunter, I don’t where this kid would be without you,” she left the boys to their own devices. Mrs. James had been the only true mother figure he had since his own mother was either too drunk or too high to notice her own child and when she did, he would have a bruised face or broken bones. He would run away from home but never told anyone about his scars. He’d rather keep them a secret than have people making up weird rumors. 

“Hey man, get your head out of god knows where, you’re getting the water everywhere!” Jack snapped back to reality and found his friend drenched and whining. Taking the hose he sprayed Hunter who shrieked and grabbed balloons out of the tub. Jack started running but he soon felt cold splashes covering his back.

“Damn it man! This was a new shirt,” he said, turning around, only to have another balloon pop on his face. 

“Well, take it off,” Hunter snickered, his own shirt gone while he bounced a balloon on his palm. Jack threw his shirt off and lunged for Hunter, the hose spraying the both of them. Wrestling each other, they noticed a flash coming from the direction of the porch. They looked up from their grappling only to find Hunter’s younger sister, Julie taking pictures of them with a goofy smile on her face. She noticed them look up and asked innocently, “What’s up?” 

Hunter and Jack stared at her like she was crazy. 

“What?” She huffed in annoyance,”I was having writers block for my newest story and saw you two out of the window and was like ‘perfect material’ so I came down here and got some good ideas,” Hunter and Jack stared at her like she was a mental patient,”You people would never understand the beauty of yaoi,” Julie noticed the confused looks on their faces,”Umm hello? Gay love.”

“Eww!” Jumping off of each other, they wiped of pieces of grass from their wet bodies.

“Sorry man, but I really just think of you as a friend, oh look at the time, well gotta run,” Jack quickly pulled on his shirt and ran out of his friends backyard into his car. 

“Now look at what you’ve done! I have fill all these balloons by myself thanks to you!” Hunter flailed his arms at the pile of unfinished work left to do. Julie just shrugged and snickered at the amazing shots she had captured. 

Hunter stole the camera from her hands and brought it above his head. “Hey come on Hunter really? Give it back!” She tried jumping for her camera, but her brother was five inches taller and wouldn't surrender the camera. Defeated, Julie let out a sigh, “Fine, I’ll help you with your prank.” Hunter gave a sweet smile, “Now that's my squirt,” ruffling his sister's hair, they both worked together on filling the balloons.

“Hey so what are you doing for prom?” Julie asked her older brother, who in turn looked cautious before asking,”Hey can you keep a secret from mom and dad?” Julie nodded her head awaiting the juicy secret, “Well me and Kat are going to a hotel,” he answered. 

Julie looked at him as if he told her about the weather, “Seriously? Ughh how boring! Wait isn't it her first time? You better treat her well.” Julie actually liked the Indian brainiac her brother was dating. Katrina was pretty, sweet and really nice. She didn’t mind Julie’s crazy antics but actually played along unlike Hunters previous girlfriends. Julie really hoped their relationship would last longer. They continued to work in silence with the occasional cicadas chirping with the fading sun, until their mother called them inside for dinner. 

NARRATION

Well Hunter doesn’t seem that bad right, he sounds like a pretty decent dude. I mean he can be a jerk sometimes, but hey he’s a guy, give him a break. Jack on the other hand seems to be pretty deep. Also not to be confused with the author. He was gonna name him Jake but Jack stayed. Anyways here is a picture of the cast members in the near future. LOVE THEM!!

No one really reads these... Oh well... Who do you like Hunter or Jack? Why?