Chapter 6

Sorry for the late updates. 1000 views!? Holy connoli! Thanks so much you guys ;)

Check out MelissaMayer-Blue one of my favorite authors! She is also on Amazon

“No way! You told Maddie before you told me! I thought I was your bestie!” Nicole repeatedly hit Katrina’s shoulder to enunciate each word. Katrina jerked away and rubbed her injured shoulder.

Madison laughed easily, “because she wanted Hunter to know she was in town”.

“What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be acting like a freaking bridezilla?” Nicole huffed at her other friend in exasperation.

Madison rolled her eyes, “I am tired of going to all these weddings where the girls act like they need all the space, and the day to be utterly perfect and their dress to fit, their veil in perfect arrangement, the flowers are in perfect color coordination. The caterer must make sure he doesn't put peanuts in anything or else you look like a red balloon in the pictures. Your groom has to be there with all of his hair on his head and his clothes on his body. OH MY GOD I’m getting married!” Madison tugged at her hair with immense force, tears running down her cheeks. Katrina looked at her friend’s desperate state and hurriedly consoled her. Madison calmed down and sniffed her tears away.

“Don’t you think we’re doing this a bit early? I mean we are 22,” Madison asked, her face red from her outburst.

“Don’t tell me you're getting cold feet? Honey, you and Frank make the most believable and cute couple I have ever seen. Hell, you two are the only reason I still believe in love,” Nicole rubbed Madison’s back lovingly in assurance. Katrina nodded in agreement, “I mean after Hunter I literally didn’t trust men but Jack and my family brought me back from the dead”.

Nicole rolled her eyes, “It couldn't have been that bad”.

“I was watching horror movies”.

“You hated horror movies, you never watched them with me!”
“Exactly my point,” Nicole shrugged at the clarity of the view, “And anywho thats not the point, we need to help Maddie figure out her corrupt cold feet”.

“More like we need to hurry to the rehearsal! It’s starting in five minutes,” The women scurried around the washroom in haste, throwing toilet paper and soap with their exit.
***
“You mean to tell me that Kingsley is one of your groomsmen? Dude Kat’s going to blow up over this!” Jack screamed in his friends face in outrage. Frank just casually sipped a glass of scotch and let out a hefty sigh.

“Honestly bro, calm your bumhole. I highly doubt she’ll attack him during the rehearsal; thats just suicide”.

“Attack who?” Hunter sauntered up to the two men, who instantly clammed up.

“Haha no one bro, want a drink?” Frank offered Hunter a glass, who declined, “Sorry can’t drink since the bachelor party. Speaking of which Jack,” Jack tensed, “Nice to see ya after forever and nice chick you were humping. Where’d you find her?”

Jack’s jaw dropped open in amazement. Hunter didn’t know who Katrina was!

“Oh she’s just a friend of mine from college,” Jack supplied, grabbing a glass of scotch and downing it.

“Right,” Hunter winked suggestively.

“I need to get something, sorry,” Jack hurried off to find Katrina, ecstatic to tell her the mind breaking news.
***
“WHAT!” Katrina screamed, while Jack covered his ears.

“Seriously woman. Inside voices. It’s a rehearsal: not a One Direction concert,” Katrina winced but began to jump up and down in happiness; albeit silently.

“But that’s like legen-we’rethebackstreetboysgeneration-dary!” She half whispered excitedly, to which Jack had join in agreement. When they calmed down, Katrina became confused, “Did I really change that much for 4 years?” Jack looked over her and just shook his head.

“Nah you still look gorgeous,” Katrina smiled at the compliment and they quickly returned to the rehearsal.
***
“Oh my gosh, he seriously doesn’t remember you? That’s epic!” Nicole jumped up and down, ecstatically.

"But he soon will," Madison replied glumly, breaking her friends high. Their confused faces made her reply with a sigh, “She’s one of my bridesmaids, I’ll have to announce her as Katrina Singh”.

“No you won’t! You can say I’m-I’m-I’m Deepika Padukone!” Katrina burst out with one of her favorite actresses.

“Who now?” Megan asked in confusion and irritation.

“Deepika Padukone, she’s just somebody I really admired in college,” Katrina winced at the lie, but smugly congratulated herself.

“Uh okay just write it on a piece of paper so I won't forget,” a vacillated Megan replied, running off for the dress rehearsal.

“Nice save,” Nicole nudged her friend. Katrina just smiled as they both silently followed bridezilla. The hall was decorated beautifully with white flowers and smelled sickly sweet; like an old lady’s perfume. There was a gaggle of people; all talking, shouting, and screeching. A harried woman tried assembling everyone with squeaks, “Over there please,” “Next to the bride.” “Please don’t pull on the pillow dear,” she noticed Kat and Nicole and ushered them to stand by Megan.

“Names please,” she stood inquiring with a clip board, her gray hair falling out of its bun.

“Nicole King,” nodding she wrote it down, then turning to Katrina, “Yours sweetie?”
Katrina gulped a breathe of air: she was not good at lying.

“Deepika Padukone,” she whispered. The lady’s eyebrows knit together, “How would you spell that?”

“I’ll write it,” Katrina snatched the clipboard and quickly scribbled her new name. The lady took it back and went on to give herself an apoplexy with the other people.

Katrina levied out a relieved sigh while Nicole smirked at her friends discomfort, “Not regretting this are we?” Katrin snorted, “Revenge does need its butterflies in the stomach”. Nicole laughed.

“Well dear you are going to need less butterflies and more spunk if you want to keep on lying,” Stealing a flute from a nearby waiter, she handed her friend champagne, “And alchohol is the best thing I can offer right now”. Katrina downed the glass and wiped her lips clumsily.

“Eshhh sho good!” Nicole’s eyes widened, Ahah my bestfriends a light weight? Perfect.

***

She was growing tired of watching the game of hiding behind the bushes. She was a lioness: she didn't hide, she attacked. Biting her bottom lip she looked as Hunter neared the whore. He was hers and he would always be hers, It was meant to be. He was beautiful, she was beautiful. And beauty came in pairs of two. As they did.

“Umm hey can I have a glass of scotch?” A man asked, looking tired and weary. She had to shift her attention from her god.

“No! The bar does not open till after rehearsal,” She snipped at the fool.

“It’s for the bride,” Fear shot through her, The bride was one person whose life she did not want to destroy for she was the most respectable human in this room right now.

“Of course,” She quickly filled the glass for the man, and went back to staring at her future husband and father of her children. Soon he would be hers. After eight years he would be hers.