Chapter 7

So sorry to everyone who had to wait for almost two years for this chapter. I have no excuses and I'm sorry for uploading late. Thank you all for the love and support! With no further ado, here is Chapter 7!

She looked like Katrina, but not exactly. She seemed more curvaceous and loud. Very loud. She didn't seem to shut up. Hunter found it amusing because the Kat he had known was always quiet and reserved. 

Always smiling, she circulated with other people and laughed at the small talk they made. But what was really strange was how, Nicole seemed to down the girl with drinks making her tipsy and unguarded. Taking a deep breath, he walked over to the two girls.

“Hey Nicole, who’s your friend?” Jamming his hands into his pockets, he gestured to dark haired beauty. Nicole only smirked and her green eyes gleamed as a fist connected with Hunter’s face. 

“You bastard!” The girl slurred, cradling her injured wrist. 

“What the hell was that for? I don't even know you!” Hunter rubbed his jaw furiously, glaring at the girl, whose eyes grew large and she shrunk away from his tone. She seemed to become sober slowly and tears began to gather in her eyes. 

“I’m sorry, you look exactly like my cheating ex,” she began bawling in front of everyone, gathering the attention of everyone in the room.

“Well that sounds like it sucked,” Hunter watched uncomfortably as the girl wiped away tears that seemed to reappear instantly. Taking a napkin from the nearby waiter, he cautiously handed it to the girl, who noisily blew her nose. 

“Are you ok now?” he asked, rubbing the back of  his neck nervously. She gave him a watery smile and replied, “Yeah perfect,” sticking out her hand, she shook his roughly, “My name is Deepika Padukone, and you are?”

“I’m Hunter James,” he shook her hand confidently, watching her smile sweetly at him.

“It's nice to meet you Hunter James,” he couldn't help but smile with her; she was infectious, “You as well, Deep-I-ka Padufoo-foo,” She let out a laugh, “I know, its hard to say”. 

“So why exactly are you here?” Before Deepika could answer, a loud voice interrupted them.

“Everybody, rehearsal time! Come up to the front,” the same harried women clapped her hands, trying to gather everyone’s attention. They all quieted down and stared at the abused little lady. 

“Best Man?” Hunter raised his hand and walked up to the lady, “Stand next to the groom,” he nodded and walked to Frank, who held a mysterious smile. 

“Maid of Honor?” Nicole strut up to stand next to Megan, ignoring the lady.

“Groomsmen?” Four other men walked up and stood behind Hunter, including Jack. 

“Bridesmaids,” Katrina and three other girls stood behind Nicole. 

“Wait...Aren’t you supposed two supposed to be the entertainment?” She pointed to Jack and Katrina with narrowed eyes. 

“I invited them to replace my sister and her husband,” Madison glared down at the wedding planner, who released a heavy sigh. Katrina and Jack shared a cheeky grin. Their plan was already in motion and Hunter was oblivious. 

The wedding preparations were coming to an end and the girls were becoming restless as the guys became tired. Hunter looked around for Deepika but found no sign of her. Oddly enough Jack had also disappeared. He was beginning to think that they were more than just school friends.

Walking out of the room, he saw the two of them huddled in a corner and they seemed to be fighting over something. Jack threw his hands in the air and Deepika glared at him. Hunter began walking over but then Deepika hugged Jack tightly and whispered in his ear, and he responded by squeezing her back. Hunter stood dumbfounded as they both walked out of the lobby, arm in arm. 

“What were you and Hunter talking about?” Jack asked Katrina, cornering her against a wall. 

“Nothing, just selling the plan,” Katrina looked away at the intimidating form. 

“Don’t tell me your falling in love with him, What? Just asking,” he raised his hands while she turned her nose up to him. All of a sudden, she hugged him. 

“Wha-?”

“Hug me. He’s watching,” Jack groaned and angled his hips as he wrapped his arms around her shoulder. He held his breath as she broke the hug and held his arm till they got to their car. 

“You are such a cunning bitch. No offence,” Katrina beamed at him.

“I take that as a compliment,” Jack rolled his eyes as he started the car up. 

“So, are we ready for the wedding performance?” Katrina let out a sigh, and bunched her head in arms. 

“Please just don’t talk right now,” Jack shrugged and kept on driving in silence. 

Hunter sat at the bar, his sorrows at the bottom of a cup. Swirling his glass, he stared as the ice clinked with the sides.  Why did he feel so sullen, its not like he didnt expect someone as attractive like Deepika to be single. That would have been ridiculous. 

Sighing, he saw the blurry vision of more than seven glasses on the counter. A hand creeped forward and all he could feel was a sharp, stabbing pain and then darkness. 

Feeling groggy, Hunter slowly opened his eyes to the brightness in the room. Adjusting his eyes, he could feel his head pound and he sat up on the bed. Groaning, he looked around and stared at the mass of bright red hair by his side. Backing up, he pulled the covers to his chin and let out a shrill scream. The head of red hair jolted out of bed, completely naked and proceeded to slap Hunter across the face. 

“Shut the fuck up man, Jesus,” Nicole glared at Hunter before slipping down into the pillow. 

“But-but-but we’re both naked,” Nicole go up and Hunter looked away from her naked form, then she ripped the comforter off of Hunter, who tried to cover the small bit of crotch with his hands. 

“Hmm, well we were both drunk. This type of stuff happens,” Hunter felt like crying, and Nicole got a glimpse of his face and her eyes widened. 

“Wait don’t tell me,” A smile began to break out on her face, “Oh my god! You’re a virgin? Oh thats fucking rich,” She began to laugh and Hunter grew red to the tips of his ears. 

“It’s not my fault, I just haven’t found the right moment,” he softly murmured under his breath. But Nicole had a calculating look in her eye. He couldn’t be a virgin, especially the way after he left Kat, but his actions seemed to suggest otherwise. He was picking up his clothes, looking like a ghost with the sheets wrapped around him. For some odd reason, she picked up his boxers and waved them in front of him. He tried to grab them, but ended up toppling the both of them onto the unmade bed. Nicole laughed and threw his boxers across the room and watched in delight as he went to pick them up. As she watched him put on the rest of his clothing, he stared at her with clouded eyes.

“Does it hurt much after the first time?” He asked in an innocent tone, rubbing his rear end vigorously. Nicole shook her head in confusion, “I highly doubt it should hurt you, especially with a girl,” she winked and watched his face turn red again. 

As he began to walk out of the door, Nicole grabbed his arm and noticed the scab forming in the blood vessel prominent in the crease above his elbow. 

“How’d you get this?” she asked, looking expectantly at him. He looked down quizzically to see what she was talking about. His eyes widened at the needle mark. 

“What the fuck!? Was I drugged??” He looked scared and glared at Nicole, “Did you do this? What the hell?!” He tried to shove his arm away and was met with a swift slap across his face from Nicole.

“Listen here dumbass, I noticed it before you,” A realization hit her. Rolling up her sleeves, she saw the exact same needle mark. 

“No wonder. I usually remember when I have sex with someone,” Hunter slumped onto the bed. 

“Why would someone do this to me, to us?” Nicole didn’t hear him, she had already bolted out of the door to try and find her own answers.