Chapter XI - one step closer

Jungkook was sleeping soundly against the vampires chest his breathing even and calm. But what he was dreaming about wasn't as such. It was the opposite of calm.

Flashes of a gold knife covered in blood lay on white tiles in a puddle of blood in a white room appeared in his mind. The new few flashes were of taehyung covered in blood, his hands and shirt painted red while his cheek was cut and he was crying. Sobbing even.

The last flash was of a male but his face was blurred all except his sickening smile that showcased fangs in place of canines and the male was chuckling darkly.

Each flash of each image came faster and faster.

The images clouded jungkook's mind, he whimpered as his body shook. The flashing of each image was just a blur of colours and swirls.

Taehyung heard jungkook's whimper and felt the smaller males boy shake. Noticing the younger was in distress and was having a nightmare, he quickly placed a hand on jungkook shoulder and tried to shake the younger awake.

“jungkook” taehyung whispered out harshly while shaking the younger awake.

He tried again.

“jungkook”

And again and little louder and shaking the younger harder

“Jungkook!”

Until finally jungkook woke up with a gasp and sat up with sweat rolling down his forehead, his hair was glued to his forehead due to it. He breathing felt like it was caught up in his throat as he tried to breath.

Taehyung leant over and pulled the younger slowly into a back hug, using one of his hands to run the youngers back as an act of reassurance to calm the younger down.

“What was the nightmare about jungkook?”taehyung asks in a quiet voice as to not make jungkook scared.

Jungkook desperately tried to get his words together, but he couldn't speak. His throat dry, His heart was pounding and his mind was in a haze.

“how about this, instead of speaking I'll just read your mind okay?” taehyung suggested with concern laced in his deep voice.

All jungkook did was nod lightly and took deep breaths in order to control and calm his heart and mind.

Taehyung felt him relax.

‘I… the nightmare was just flashes...flashes of a gold knife….a gold knife covered in blood, it was lying on some white tiles in a pool of blood…..and and….i saw you covered in blood….you….your hands and shirt were covered and you….and you had a cut on your cheek and….and you were sobbing…….the last …..the last thing I saw was a man…..a man who had a sickening smile……..a sickening smile that had fangs…..fangs….he was...he was just chuckling darkly…..i couldn't…..i couldn't see his face….his face was...was blurred….blurred out…’ jungkook thought his thoughts were like he was trying to make sense of what he had seen as well as what it was about.

Taehyung didn't speak all he did was pull both their bodies back down to the bed and stroked the youngers soft dark brown hair. Jungkook now fully calm spoke out in a horse voice.

“What….what was ...the gold knife for..?”

“it's one of the best was to kill…..to kill a vampire...but burning gets rid of the body.”

Jungkook's eyes widened then spoke out

“taehyung?”

Taehyung hummed and looked down and saw that jungkook's eyes were filling up with tears.