30.

The potion was ready.

Jin handed the two bottles over with care as both boys sniffed them and gagged at the stench at exactly the same time.

It smelt indescribable. But they both wished that they hadn't smelt it.

"Remember what I said? Don't get caught up with them" Jin warned as Taehyung nodded, looking at Jungkook who was already staring at him.
"After you" He spoke, Taehyung rolling his eyes before he downed the bottle, his eyes scrunching shut as he let the disgusting liquid slip down his throat.

As soon as he finished it, he felt a burning feeling in his stomach as his whole body began to heat up. The room started spinning and flashing all multicolours as he had to take a moment to sit down, stumbling to the couch where he lay, squeezing his eyes shut as everything just seemed so bright all of a sudden, his hand lifted to his face as his heart began to race. He wanted this to end. What if it had gone wrong?

Just as that thought came to mind it stopped and he suddenly no longer had that spinning feeling.

Standing up, he was still a little uneasy as he stumbled to Jungkook.
"Once you get over the spinning bit it's fine" he looked at him, Jungkook taking a step back out of shock.
"Woah!" He exasperated as Taehyung was confused.
"Your eyes!" Jungkook pointed at them as Taehyung ran over to a mirror, shocked at himself at what he saw.

His eyes were a burning yellow. Just like the wolves eyes.

It actually really suited him. But he remembered then not to get drawn in by their world. He only then realised he had to fully focus on not getting drawn in as even something as simple as his eyes changing colour was enough to make him like it.

As he turned around, Jungkook took a swig of his drink before downing the whole thing, grimacing at the taste as he suddenly had a different effect.

He suddenly claimed he felt ill as he went and lay on the couch, his skin growing extremely pale. In fact he basically went white in a matter of seconds as the blood seemed to just drain from his body. Taehyung had never seen anything like it before.

His eyes shut as for a moment, he looked like he was dead. Taehyung even began to panic internally, until Jungkook opened his eyes, shooting up from his place as Taehyung was shocked to see he had pearly white fangs, his eyes a glowing red that could be seen a mile off.

"Okay, we have to go now" Jin spoke once the effects wore off as Taehyung went over to Jungkook.
"You really don't have to do this" he told him, Jungkook smiling
"Jimin's my friend too" Jungkook spoke as the two hugged, suddenly feeling small arms around the both of them as they looked to see Ailee.

"Mommy told me you're going away again, when will you be back?" She asked, Taehyung kneeling down
"Just a while, but Jimin needs my help with something" Taehyung told her, kissing the top of her head. Who knows, this could be the last time he sees his little sister.

Standing up, he went to leave, only to see his mother and Jin having a talk as he stopped Jungkook, hiding around the corner whilst he listened in.

"I'm sorry I left you Minji" Jin spoke as he looked down to the floor
"I know you had to go home, you had a job to do" she spoke, sighing
"That doesn't mean to say I forgot you"
"You're always on my mind" Jin admitted, kissing her cheek.
"I'll keep your son as safe as I can I promise" Jin told her
"I trust you" she told him as she then came in the lounge, hugging Jungkook tightly.

"Thank you" Jungkook mumbled to her as she smiled at him
"You're basically family Kookie, you always will be" She kissed the top of his head before moving to her son, pulling him into the tightest hug she could give.
"I love you darling, please know that" She spoke with a small wobble in her voice
"I know, I love you too" Taehyung told her before she pulled away, taking him to the door where she gave him a kiss on the forehead too.

"Go save Jimin" She told him as the three of them headed out of the door, Taehyung looking back at his mother and sister as he tried to hold back the tears, seeing them wave him goodbye for what might be the last time.

He remembered they did that on his first day of high school and every day since then. They'd stand at the door and wave him off until he was out of sight. Their faces would be smiling as his mother watched with pride and his sister watched with happiness. Their faces told a different story as they weren't waving him off to school.

They were waving him what could be goodbye.

He nearly cried there and then at the thought of them finding out he died trying and the reaction. His little sister would grow up without a brother by her side to guide her. His mother would be left without a son. They'd be heartbroken.

But so would Taehyung if he was left without the love of his life. He had to do this for Jimin.

Jimin had to live, even if he dies.

He was so scared they were too late but something in him kept telling him whenever he had that thought that Jimin was being kept alive somewhere for some reason.
He had no idea why since the werewolves wanted to kill him so they could get that pearl sooner. So why on earth would they keep him breathing? Maybe it was for a reason.
Or maybe they wanted to play with him a little before they gave him the most brutal death ever.

Taehyung was not going to let that happen. He was going to find Jimin and he was never going to let him go again.
————————

I miss the BTS concert lol
It was genuinely the happiest moment of my life