The bell rung.

Taehyung's head shot up from his desk at the back of the room as he looked around with half asleep eyes, his heart beat fast as it slowed down when he realised the day had ended.

He really slept through the whole of his last class. Not that he cared that much. It was only English, he'd live.

"Are you walking home Tae?" He heard as he turned to the desk behind him, seeing his best friend packing away.
"Yeah, wanna come around and play Street fighter?" He asked.

Jungkook flashed him a cheeky grin as he nodded his head.

They'd been best friends since the start of high school after they were the only two kids to turn up to a gaming club. It was seen as nerdy but it was what Taehyung and Jungkook lived for.

They loved games like overwatch and Fortnite but their favourite at the moment was a new fantasy edition of street fighter that had just come out. Every fantasy character was available from Vampires to Mermaids, Werewolves and even smaller creatures like Fairies and Elves.
He'd always loved games like that. It why he loved Zelda when he was growing up.

The two of them hurried through the crowd at school so they could get home and play their highly anticipated game.

Once they left the gates, the two took off running to try and get home as quick as they could, luckily Taehyung only lived a few blocks away from the school so it wasn't far.

They arrived home, bolting in through the door as they basically leapt onto the couch, Taehyung flicking the tv on as before long his Xbox was ready to go and the two had the game menu flashed up on the screen.

"What are you being?" Jungkook asked as they arrived on the character menu.
"Werewolf, because they're badass" Taehyung scoffed at Jungkook's slightly dumb question. He was always a werewolf.
"I think I'll be a vampire" Jungkook clicked on the pale man who's fangs hung out of his mouth, his hair jet black and scraped back in that stereotypical vampire way.

"You do realise a werewolf will tear you to pieces?" Taehyung mocked him as Jungkook gave him a challenging look.
"Only if you don't have your blood sucked out of your body!" He spoke before pressing the X button, his vampire character leaping onto the werewolf one as the fighting begun.

The two boys played it basically all evening. Taehyung's mother pottered around the house, tidying up and cleaning as she just left them to it. Her son was happy so she was.

"Kookie! I missed you!" Taehyung's little sister Ailee came running into the room once she saw Jungkook had come around.
"Hey little one" Jungkook smiled as she cling onto him, Taehyung rolling his eyes at his little sister for being so adorably annoying.

She's very young, at the age where she believes all magic is real like Father Christmas and the Easter bunny. Taehyung always played along, despite him not believing anymore. Although he kind of missed the time when he did believe in all that sort of stuff. It was such a fun time to believe that magic really did exist.

"Kookie, Tae Tae.. guess what?" Ailee jumped up on the couch next to them as they finished their match, taking a break to have a drink and eat some of the snacks Taehyung's mother brought in.
"What Ailee?" Taehyung asked, only half interested.
"I saw a fairy"

Taehyung smiled to himself as he loved that she believed. He knew she was probably dreaming but he wanted her to think it was real.
"Go on, what was this fairy like?" Jungkook joined in as he too smiled at her cuteness.
"She was pink and glittering and she had beautiful wings!" Ailee exclaimed with excitement.
"Where did you see her?" Taehyung asked
"She was in my room last night! She flew away when I tried to talk to her but I saw her!" Ailee spoke as Taehyung nodded his head, turning and giving Jungkook a look that he usually gave him when he could see Ailee's imagination getting the best of her.

"Boys, dinner will be ready so Jungkook will need to go soon" Taehyung's mother poked her head in through the door as they both nodded, Jungkook getting up to leave.
"Thank you for having me round, I'll see you tomorrow Tae" Jungkook smiled as he hugged him and Ailee goodbye and left.

Ailee was quick to grab Taehyung's hand as she took him up the stairs to her room where she took him over to her window sill.

"Look!" She spoke up as she pointed at something. Taehyung sighed as he went over to the window, only to see glitter glistening in the daylight. It was sparkling pink and scattered all over the white window sill.
"I can't get it off" Ailee played with the hem of her dress.

"Why did you tip glitter over your window sill if you can't get it off?" Taehyung turned to her as she frowned.
"I didn't! The fairy did!" She raised her voice, Taehyung laughing before he stroked the top of her head.
"Keep believing in that fairy" He smiled before leaving.

He really didn't want Ailee to grow up. She had such a free mind with such a wild imagination. She always dreamt of fairies and dragons and all sorts of mystical creatures. She always read books and watched films on them. They were her favourites like Taehyung's. Although he probably had an influence on her since she'd grown up surrounded by it.

Taehyung sighed as he ran a hand through his hair and went an lay on his bed. He wished something like that existed. He wished mystical creatures were real and he could befriend one. His life was so boring. He felt like nothing eventful or fun ever happened to him. He was growing tired of it and just wanted to have an adventure like the stories he'd read since he was little or the movies he watched and games he played.

Little did he know, it was just about to begin.
——————

I can't get over how excited I am for this story honestly I loved writing it!