Season 3 Episode 19: THE Apocalypse Part 2

If you wish to read Part 1 of THE Apocalypse (***and episodes 12-18***), see DisneyFaller's account.

Dipper, Mabel, Stanford and Stanley all trailed behind Blendin Blandin. He had sent the four of them and himself to the future—year 3013, to be exact—to avoid the inevitable demise they would currently be facing back in Gravity Falls. They had nothing with them except for Ford's teleportation gun. The look of the device was inspired by the original portal, invented by none other than Ford himself and his trusty partner, Fiddleford McGucket.

"Okay Blendin, what exactly are we doing here?" Dipper asked. "Just taking a timeout from Sil's apocalypse? We were devising a plan and you interrupted us."

"Sil's 'apocalypse' will not be a successful one, so I refuse to explicitly address it as one," Blendin responded smugly, not stuttering for once.

Ford immediately interjected, "What Dipper means to ask you, is—quite simple, really. Why jump one thousand years into the future at a time like this? Shouldn't we be busy stopping Sil Houette?"

Blendin momentarily stopped walking. "I'd leave it to your crazy triangle friend during this time if I were you." This statement both confused and startled the Pines, of course. But they were too tired to ask a million questions. "He and Sil can go at each others' throats to their hearts' content. And that reminds me. Your plan? To use that prophecy to defeat Sil? Don't you understand how prophecies work? Bill Cipher was painted in the center of that wheel, not Sil Houette. That prophecy will do nothing except the one thing it is meant for. Attempting to use it to destroy Sil Houette would be completely ineffective. I would know..."

After a moment of silence, the time traveler guy continued walking and the Pines hesitantly followed after him. "Blar-Blar's right about that one," Dipper said to Ford. "Besides, Old Man McGucket has been changed into a shadow already. He was part of the prophecy, and I'm sure it wouldn't work with him in that sort of shape."

3013 was a disturbing year to look around at. Destroyed structures were seen in every direction. Endless amounts of rubble sat underneath the Pines' feet as they tread along the path.

Mabel couldn't help but think about how lonely and scared Waddles must have been. Being separated from him made her heart ache. After lamenting about Waddles, she remembered how McGucket had been turned into a shadow. What if the same fate had happened to Waddles? Would she ever be able to see him again?

Dipper was having similar thoughts. Many of them were also related to McGucket's current state back in Gravity Falls. However, his thoughts were a little less self centered when compared to his sister's. He knew Sil had used her shadow clones and creatures in order to destroy the magical barrier around the town, but he also knew she'd forced citizens into helping her as well. How had she done this? He was sure McGucket wasn't the only one who'd been changed into pure shadow. What about the happy couple, Soos and Melody? What about Gideon and Robbie, even? Wendy and Pacifica? Were they okay? Or had they too been altered into shadow beings by Sil's strange abilities?

Dipper would definitely give Sil a piece of his mind if that were the case.

"Dipper?" Mabel interrupted his thinking.

"Yeah, Mabel?"

"Sil's plans were just becoming worldwide before Blendo here showed up. Do you—"

"Waddles will be fine, Mabel. Don't worry."

"No, Dipper," Mabel huffed. "Do you...think our parents are okay?"

The boy's heart sank. Before Dipper could respond, Blendin stopped walking and spun around to confront the Pines. They had arrived at the gates of some sort of futuristic military camp.