Season 3 Episode 5: Careful What You Wish For

Gideon Gleeful came waltzing out into the kitchen, skateboard in hand. "Where you off to this mornin', Gideon?" his father, Bud, asked him.

"Well I was thinkin' the arcade or the skatepark," the boy shrugged, grabbing a glass of milk from the fridge. "Or maybe the Mystery Shack."

His mother then joined in on the conversation. "I heard that place is hopping now that the Pines have returned," she smiled, sitting at the kitchen table.

Bud then said, "well why don't we all go pay a visit? Or is this another attempt at proving your worth to miss Mabel?"

Gideon shook his head. "Father, don't insult me. I merely plan on saying hello. Besides, the place is closed today anyway. It's Saturday."

"Alright. Be careful now, y'hear?"

"Please. I'm eleven now, I can handle myself." Gideon finished his drink and left the house, hopping on his skateboard and zipping off towards the Mystery Shack.

Wendy had come over because of the previous snow day, and she planned on hanging out until the sun went down. The Pines and Soos lazily sat around in the empty gift shop, Dipper playing a game on his handheld device and Mabel knitting a new sweater. Yes, she still loved doing that. Meanwhile, Wendy, Stan, and Ford were playing a board game. There was a knock at the door, and the sixteen year old offered to answer it. "I got it," she announced, getting up from her crisscross position on the floor.

She opened the door to see Gideon. "Hello!" he smiled, while she responded with a fake one.

"Oh, um, hey Gideon."

THEME SONG

COMMERCIAL

"What's up, dude?" Wendy said, standing aside so that the Pines could see who it was at the door.

"Just checkin' in on everyone," Gideon replied. "How y'all doin' this fine morning? Also, sorry to barge in on you, I hope this is okay."

Wendy glanced back at Dipper and Mabel, who were both shaking their heads. She turned back to face Gideon. "It's fine, come on in." Dipper and Mabel both groaned.

"Thank you." Gideon did just that, propping his wheels up against the wall.

Mabel leaned over to her brother and whispered, "at least he's improved his manners."

"Yeah, he's pretty cool now. But that doesn't mean this won't be awkward," her brother said, subtly nodding. "Maybe you two could actually..."

"NO."

Dipper rolled his eyes. He and Mabel then got to their feet and approached Gideon. Stan and Ford awkwardly remained on the floor, watching the scene before them unfold.

"Hey Gideon," Dipper greeted him. "So uh...how's life?"

"Great, actually! Being normal is awesome! Sorta wish I'd done it sooner," Gideon blinked, staring at the ground. His expression then lightened. "Mabel! And Dipper...how about you? How was your school year?"

Mabel coughed. "Boring. Exciting at times. Though math killed me."

"Yeah, nobody likes math." Gideon and Mabel laughed together.

Dipper then snapped, "hey, I like math."

"I second that!" Ford added, raising his hand and waving it around.