Season 3 Episode 3: There on the Window Sil

Mabel energetically limped into the empty kitchen, humming a cheery tune. She was starving, desperate for some breakfast. Though she immediately noticed that something felt strange. Yes, something about the room felt off. For one, it was dark. She looked around, squinting. The girl then glanced up, realizing that the light attached to ceiling by Ford last summer had oddly burned out.

She instantly darted out of the kitchen as quickly as she possibly could.

"Hey Grunkle Ford," Mabel peeped, carefully approaching him as he slept. She gently tugged on the collar of his red sweater.

"Not now, Stan. Five more minutes," Ford mumbled, half asleep. Frustrated, Mabel crossed her arms. The man then rolled towards her and accidentally off the couch, landing on the girl's foot. She cringed and yelped, glaring at him.

"Good gosh, get up!" she barked.

In a blind panic, Ford quickly sat up. "Oh, Mabel." He yawned after calming down, unaware of the fact that he was still crushing her foot. "What is it?"

"Do you mind?" she rolled her eyes, pulling her good foot out from under him. He apologized. "Just thought I'd let you know it's eleven thirty-seven in the morning," she told him.

"Oops. Guess I slept in." He got to his feet.

"Everyone except me and Soos has. Also...I take it you remember the special light bulb you created?"

"Yes...the one in the kitchen that lasts a thousand years and makes your skin softer?"

"Yup."

"What about it?"

"Well...I think it burned out."

The two of them made their way to the kitchen, Ford more eager than Mabel. He inspected the light bulb, with her sitting at the table underneath him as he did so. "I swear," he groaned. "If my brother is the one who tampered with this thing..."

"'Tampered'?"

"Yep. It didn't burn out. I invented it so that it wouldn't, at least not for a very long time. Seems to me someone simply broke it," Ford replied, hopping off of the table.

"Who? And why?"

"I have no idea. I could analyze fingerprints but I feel that may be a waste of time."

Dipper and Stan then came walking into the kitchen, one after the other. The kid looked around the room and then up at Stan, dumbfounded. "Does the kitchen feel funny to you?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.

"The kitchen always feels and smells funny, what are you talking about?" Stan retorted, now sitting at the table.

"Someone tampered with my light bulb, Stan," Ford snapped, coming across a bit harsh.

"Well it wasn't me, if that's what you're implying."

"Does it really matter?" Mabel interrupted, kicking back in her chair. "Let's all calm down and have ourselves a chill-at-home day, okay? Make it nice and simple. The opposite of crazy!"

Dipper stood beside her. "Sounds good to me," he replied, nodding.

"Fine," Ford agreed, walking off. "You three sit in the dark and enjoy yourselves while I go make a new light bulb. And figure out what happened to the last one."

"Okay Poindexter, don't get yourself all up in a tizzy," Stan retorted, adjusting his glasses. He then glanced up at where the light bulb once was. "Well kids, looks like we've got dark times ahead of us."

"Ha. Ha. Ha," Dipper sarcastically laughed. "Besides, with the sun out, it's not even that dark anyway."

"Eh, true. Now, who's up for some Stan-cakes?"