Season 3 Episode 9: The Shadow and the Cipher

"Silana!" the Shaman shouted, getting the girl's attention from across the village.

Silana, a young, dark-haired, simple native of Gravity Falls, immediately responded. She quickly got ready to go, but had to stop herself just before leaving. The teen turned and knelt down, giving the wooden carvings she'd made a funny look. She moved a couple, making sure the figurines were facing the proper direction and aligned perfectly with one another. Silana hopped to her feet, nearly knocking some paint over. She then raced to meet the Shaman.

"Yes sir?" she replied to him, panting.

"We need a body," the Shaman told her, getting her to stiffen.

"A what?" the teen blinked.

"We need you to go explore the crashed spacecraft with the team. We lost someone the other day, you see."

"And so you want me to...replace them?"

"Not exactly. The exploration party is asking for someone younger and more energetic to tag along on their expeditions. You were the first person to come to mind."

"Really?" Silana's eyes were as wide as saucers, and her smile was ten times larger than a crocodile's.

"Yes, now get a move on. They're already waiting for you near the UFO." Silana skipped off, her leather skirt bouncing as she ran.

The Shaman of Gravity Falls was a kind fellow, always caught up in his work; his work that involved communication with spirits and the paranormal. Gravity Falls was one location that was desperately in need of a Shaman, considering its abandoned UFO and the strange amount of supernatural beings roaming it.

The natives of Gravity Falls were a good people with good intentions and a good lifestyle; they were also fond of creating tapestries and other various artifacts. Their society was a peaceful one, and the people were friends with many of the area's creatures. This included both the normal and supernatural animals that roamed the land. Silana herself had befriended most of the beasts, saying a quick hello to them as she passed by.

"Hi!" she smiled, waving at a Manotaur.

He waved back. "What's up, Silana?"

"Oh, not much! I'm just finally gonna go check out the UFO like I've always wanted to!"

This process was repeated with the Hide Behind (though he really just waved without saying anything), a Leprecorn, and a gnome. "Shmebulock!" the gnome had replied.

Silana reached the entrance to the UFO, greeting and meeting up with the team.

"Man, I'm so excited," she said to herself, following the group inside. "I feel so lucky! You know, since this place is off limits for anyone that doesn't have permission to enter it."

"Yeah, don't get your hopes up, kid," the leader of the group, another simple native, replied from up ahead.

"I have a feeling this is gonna be the best day ever." Silana hummed to herself, meandering inside the abandoned spacecraft.

"You keep telling yourself that, Silana," another guy mumbled. "Because as far as we can tell, there's not much in here that can be used."

"Hey, there's gotta be something."

"I suppose there's some technology here and there, but we've already made use of it."

Silana glanced down at her futuristic watch. "True," she admitted, messing with the thing and pressing some buttons. "So we're not gonna see any aliens?"

"Nope. They're all dead."

"Of course they are," Silana sighed. "Uh, I mean, that's what I've heard."