Season 3 Episode 4: Big Trouble in Little Oregon

"Hey kids," their Grunkle Stan said, poking his head into their room. They shifted around and sat up in their beds, rubbing their eyes. "You might wanna see this."

The family ran downstairs to see Soos and Melody standing in front of the TV, watching the news. They both had very confused looks on their faces. Shandra Jimenez was onscreen, calmly informing her viewers about the weather.

"Today in weather: it is, for some insane, unknown reason, snowing," the woman explained, staring directly at the camera.

"What?!" both twins barked simultaneously, sounding like chihuahuas.

"Yes. In June. I know what you're thinking. And no, I'm not crazy. I'm just doing my job," Shandra defensively added.

Dipper and Mabel's heads craned towards the door as Stan opened it, him gesturing to the outside world.

Sure enough, it was snowing.

Mabel instantly darted outside, both curious and somewhat excited. Dipper remained inside the house with his great uncle, Soos, and Melody; the four of them all continuing to watch the program.

"Shockingly, this bizarre turn of events weather-wise hasn't only affected the residents of Gravity Falls," Shandra went on, interviewing Wendy's friend Tambry.

"Yeah, so like, my feed is blowing up with pics of snow falling all over Oregon." The teen spoke in a flat tone. "My friend in Portland posted all this." She held her cell phone up to the camera, scrolling and presenting a few images of snow-covered ground.

"So it's just Oregon then?" Shandra asked, holding the mic out to Tambry a second time.

The high schooler nodded. "Another friend of mine from Washington says she's jealous. She wants it to snow where she is."

"Well there you have it," Shandra declared, only her now showing on the screen. "'Snow in July' has become a reality. Even though it's still only June."

"Ford's out in the yard collecting samples...with Mabel now, I guess," Stan abruptly stated from behind Dipper.

At the mention of her name, Mabel came bursting in through the door, still in her pajamas. In a panic, she slammed the door shut. "Brrrr," the girl shivered. "Cold out there."

"Mabel," Dipper snapped, slapping himself in the forehead. "Don't you think snow in JUNE is a bit...what's the word...? Help me out here, Soos."

"Unnatural?" Soos replied thoughtfully. "Far-fetched? Against nature?"

"Yeah, all that."

"Bummer, really," Mabel scratched her chin. "Because I didn't pack any warm clothes."

"Are you even listening to me?!" Dipper grunted.

"Hey Bro-bro! Let's build a snowman!" Mabel smiled, throwing her arms in the air.

"Okay, now you're just being annoying on purpose," he retorted, crossing his arms.

"What?" She then jokingly sang, "don't cha wanna build a snowman?"

"I have half a mind to slap you right now."

THEME SONG

COMMERCIAL

A concerned Melody peeked through a nearby window and stared at the snow. "I'm assuming we'll be closing the Shack for the day, right Soos?" Melody asked him from across the gift shop.