VII : The masquerade ball.

Start from the beginning

Once we were done, she thanked me and went of to get a drink as well as  some fresh air. It was getting pretty sweaty in here. 

I found Zeke around the bar, very much expected of him. 

"Ready?" I asked him.

He smiled at me. "Always."

He looped his arm around me as we sneakily left the ball room.

Zeke, the mastermind behind tonights plan, had decided that we'd sneak into the control room, of a royal palace might I add, and change the music.

You see, my dearest best friend had this mind blowing idea of making a dance video for our youtube channel here. 

No doubt, it would be a hit but all of us were nervous tonight. 

Multiple reasons, we could get kicked out, much worse - punished. Who knows what the night holds? At least we were willing to take the risk and enjoy ourselves.

So here I was in front of the security room, along with Zeke, while the rest of our crew was waiting amongst the crowd.

I could feel my heart beat wildly inside my chest, sure I had done crazy stuff before but right now, I was about to break into the security room of the newly crowned 'king of werewolves' and change the music from ball dancing to club beats. 

I nodded at Zeke before pushing the door open. Surprisingly, it wasn't locked. There were three well armed men sitting behind the screens, watching everyone carefully.

One of the guards noticed me, "Miss you aren't allowed in here!"

I pretended to be taken aback, "Oh! I-I thought this was th-the restroom. My a-apologies good sir."

He sighed, "I'll show you to the restroom." I smiled at that.

As soon as he closed the door, Zeke hit him on the head with a fire extinguisher. 

I caught the guard before he fell and placed him in the store room next door. Before closing the door, I took out a tranquilizing gun from his vest.

Opening the security door yet again, I shot both the men. They didn't have time to react as the darts hit them. They'll be out for a while.

Zeke and I fully entered the room before closing it. 

"Hurry." I said in a hushed tone. If I had gone through the pain of breaking in to the security room, I was going to make sure we got the video.

Zeke got to work on the computer and within the next few seconds, our track was playing. We didn't have much time as we rushed out of the room back to the ball room.

People looked a bit surprised to hear the beats change but I was pumped about it.

I could already see my group move through the crowd in a not so subtle manner. A smile made a way to my face. 

We were really about to do this.

I joined in on them and as always, our camera man was ready. Once the crowd realized what was happening, they thought it was part of the presentation on behalf of the king.

It wasn't the easiest to dance in a ball gown but it was amusing nonetheless. 

We moved from break dancing to salsa and I partnered up with Zeke, as always. The salsa beats had my feet tapping and my hands spinning.

Just as we did our last move, I saw security try and close in on us. Shit. I turned to my group and mind linked them to disperse into the crowd and run out.

I myself ran along with Zeke but stopped when a highly masculine smell of pine wood and aftershave hit me like a wave. Looking around to find the source of the smell, my heart stopped beating.

There, beside me, stood my mate. I was rendered speechless. 

Behind his gold mask, stood a pair of mesmerizing hazel eyes. I didn't expect to meet my mate anytime, much less during this masquerade ball. So goddamn cliche

It was as if the world around me was spinning. I couldn't concentrate on anything but my breathing.

Even though he stood a good few feet apart from me, I felt so conscious of the space between us. With every passing moment, it was becoming harder to breath. 

I was brought back to reality when Zeke called out my name. The security was running towards us.

Ah, what timing. I looked at my mate one last time before winking at him. 

He looked so taken aback and shocked. It was as if he had seen a ghost.

It was time to run. The security ran behind us like wild dogs as I jumped into a car and our team drove off. 

"GO!! GO!! GO!!" I exclaimed as the guards tried to close the exit. 

We barely made it. I let out a laugh as I saw everyone around me all worked up.

"THAT. WAS. AMAZING!!!" I screamed. 

Everyone in the car broke into to laughs. We had the video and this was one of those experiences in life, that I would never forget.

Who knew this was what the night had planned for us?

****

Scarlett's Gown

Bet you didn't see that coming!

Please don't forget to vote and make my day!

Thoughts?