chapter ten

"Jasey, you have to think about this before we just do it," Peter stares at me, I have known him for a little over a week. I met him last Thursday night. I met his family this Friday night. He met my family tonight. He has spent every night with me after that one night of withdrawals. I should not be this ready to spend my life with him. An eternity with him. But it sounds amazing. 

"I know. We don't have to do it right now, but I want you. Forever," I grab his hand, tugging him down the hallway and into my bedroom. I want to know everything there is to know about this man. My soulmate. 

"I will tell you whatever you want to know," Peter tells me as he shuts the door to my bedroom. I smile, sliding off my dress. "Whoa."

"I can't sleep in this dress. I have to put on my pajamas." I smirk, turning away from him and unclasping my bra. I still have my heels on, though. 

"Are you trying to kill me?" Peter questions, standing directly behind me now as I drop my bra on the floor beside me. I giggle, feeling the heat from his body as I stand naked in front of him. I grab a tank top and a pair of shorts from my dresser. I don't want to sleep in sweats and a t shirt anymore. Not when he's in my bed. With shorts and a tank top, I can feel more of his skin on mine. 

Peter groans at that thought, placing his warm hands on my bare hips. "I have to teach you how to block your thoughts from me."

"I wouldn't block those kinds of thoughts, though. I would think those kind of thoughts all the time and allow you to hear them."

"So you would torture me." His hands slide up and down the sides of my body, trailing up my waist, beside my chest, down my arms, and across my thighs. 

"Isn't that what you're doing right now?" I whisper, my eyes closing as my body tingles with every touch. 

"Torturing you?" He questions and I nod. "How am I torturing you?"

"By teasing me."

"Oh, I am teasing you? How so? Do you want more?" He whispers seductively into my ear. A chill runs down my spine. 

"Yes," I breathe, gripping onto my pajamas in my hand. Before I know what's happening, my body is swiftly turned around so I can face Peter. His eyes travel down my body, making me aware of the fact that my breasts are completely out. I have never shown anyone this much of my body. 

"Good. It's mine," he growls, grabbing my neck in both hands gently but with passion as he pulls me close and kisses me. 

"We can't take this too far tonight. We haven't been on a date," I pause. I know our situation is completely different. But I would like to have a semi normal dating life. I would like to be taken out, asked to be official, and then we can go farther. Then, he could lay naked in bed with me and do things. And bite me. 

"Jasey," he growls yet again, his eyes flashing crimson for a split second. I giggle, knowing he won't hurt me. I shrug my tank top on over my shoulders and shimmy into my shorts. 

"Alright. Let's go to bed. We have school tomorrow."

****

Peter doesn't sleep. He just lies with me and watches me while I sleep. So when I make up Monday morning, he is already looking at me. I giggle, feeling his fingers gently playing with my hair. 

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," Peter whispers. I glance at the clock. 7 am. School starts in an hour. I woke up before my alarm clock could even go off. 

"I want to kiss you so bad right now," I mumble, staring at his perfect lips. "But I have to brush my teeth first." I stand from my very comfortable position in his arms. I want him to be connected to me. Like a purse. 

"I hope I am more valuable than a purse," Peter states before using vampire speed to be behind me in the blink of an eye. He wraps his arms around me from behind, kissing my neck. "Get ready for school." 

I walk into the bathroom with his arms still around me. In the mirror, I can see myself with crazy hair and no makeup on. Peter stands behind me, still holding onto me. Then I wonder something. 

"How come you show up in mirrors and photographs? They always disappear in reflections in the movies," I bring up, grabbing my toothbrush. He chuckles.

"If you stereotype vampires one more time, I am going to refrain from kissing you for twenty four hours." 

I pout, dropping my toothpaste onto the counter. 

"I'm sorry. Its all I have to go off of." I pull the toothbrush into my mouth and begin brushing violently. 

"I know," he chuckles at me. Over the sound of my brushing, I can hear his explanation. "We show up in pictures and videos and in mirrors. Our reflections are fine. I don't know what the makers of vampire movies were thinking with that idea."

I giggle, trying not to choke on toothpaste as I do so. 

When I finish, I shoo Peter out of the bathroom so I can use my toilet, shower, and get dressed. I chose a pair of light blue jeans and a black sweater with my old trusty Converse. I decide to just let my hair air dry and be naturally curly today.

The clock says 7:27 am when I exit the bathroom. We have 18 minutes until we have to leave for school. I usually ride with Jack when he takes Jenny to school and then wait for my school to start after he drops me off. Today, Jack took Jenny and I told him I would catch a ride with Peter in his beautiful corvette. 

Peter chuckles, already dressed in a pair of black straight jeans, a white t shirt, a red and black flannel, and his black Vans. Apparently, he brought a bag of clothes and stuff last night. I just paid no attention. 

"You're a goof," Peter chuckles between his teeth and he leans up in my bed and grabs my hands. He pulls me down onto the bed with him and I squeal. "Do you want to go out tonight?"

"Are you finally asking me out on a date?" I inquire, laying my head in his lap and stretching the rest of my body out on the bed. 

"Yes. I am."

"Yes, I would love to go out tonight."