Injuries Suck

As you were watching Jack skate down the ice and battle in the corner for the puck, a large guy on the opposing team lays a huge hit on him, causing the whole arena to go silent. You stand to your feet, seated beside you were a couple of girlfriends of other guys on the team. As you're standing you watch him motionless lying down on the ice.

You are so scared he's seriously hurt. After 3 minutes of the trainer assisting him, he is helped off the ice by two of his teammates while favouring his left shoulder. Following his trainer he goes to the dressing room for further assistance.

The guy who hit him was given a 4 minute penalty for boarding. You were furious but more so worried about Jack's well-being. This was his 2nd last regular season game before playoffs would begin.

One of the girls beside you, Hayley, who you had become pretty good friends with, grabbed your hand, giving you a tight squeeze, and trying to reassure you that he would be okay.

You watch the rest of the game, but all you can think about is if Jack was okay. After the buzzer sounds you immediately jump to your feet and head for the waiting area. You knew you wouldn't be able to see Jack as he was getting assistance from the medical team.

After what felt like forever, Jack appeared in front of you with a sling on his left arm. You immediately hugged him.

"How are you feeling?" You questioned.
"Fine, I just don't want to miss playoffs." Jack quickly spit out.
"I know baby, but you'll heal and be back, better then ever!" You tried to convince him.

You brought him in for another hug, until his attention was grabbed from the trainer on his team.

You could hear their conversation.

"So obviously you'll need to rest and restrict movement of your left shoulder. If all goes well, healing should only take 3 weeks maximum." The trainer explained to Jack.

"Okay thanks so much Steve." Jack stated.

Walking back over to you, Jack kind of looked relieved. He would only miss the first round of playoffs, and his team was favoured to make it to at least the second round anyways.

"Let's go home baby." You said
"Ya, just gonna say bye to the boys." Jack said while walking back into the change room.

You checked your phone.

TEXT MESSAGES
Ellen: how's Jack, the hit looked really bad :((

You: he's doing okay, trainer said he should only miss 3 weeks.

Ellen: he's not answering his phone, can you tell him to feel better and also call me when he gets the chance.

You: Yes.

Jack walks back over to you and you grab his hand, and tell him his mom wishes him well and to call her.

"Wanna go out for dinner?" You ask in hopes to make Jack feel better.
"Sure babe." He replies

You guys drive to your favourite restaurant and have a nice dinner. Following dinner you head back to your house and watch a movie and then fall asleep.

Sorry guys, I'm so bad at ending these lol.... but hope you like it!