" Come on Alex! Just wear it, please? Live a little!" She pleaded with me.

          Maddie pushed the dress in my hands, I groaned but complied. It's not exactly something I would have picked out for myself, but it was a stunning dress. It was a beautiful shade of red, with an open back and a halter style neckline. There was a small keyhole opening in the front just below the bust.

 There was a small keyhole opening in the front just below the bust

      " Maddie!" I yelled from the bathroom. " This is too revealing."

        Maddie skipped in the hallway, stopping just short of the bathroom. I heard a high pitched whistle and turned towards the door as she walked in. 

      " Damn girl, you look sexy!" Maddie gushed. 

       I turned and saw Maddie in a beautiful blue dress. It had a deep v-neck and a low open back. It was a lot more revealing then mine.

      " I take it back, yours is too revealing

" I take it back, yours is too revealing. " I laughed. " You look gorgeous Madds!" 

     " Why thank you." She chirped, spinning in a circle so I could see the full dress. " You look great Alex. It's not too revealing."

       I grumbled, " Maddie I'm not looking to hook up with anyone. Why can't I just wear my jeans?"

       " You don't have to hook up with anyone Alex. You're allowed to dress sexy to go dancing. Stop overthinking it." Maddie scolded me. 

      I sighed in frustration, I knew there was no reasoning with her. In a way she was right, I was allowed to dress up to make myself feel attractive. But this was a little much for me. Thankfully, I managed to reason with her when it came to shoes. She knew I hated heels, so settled on a pair of flats.

      I followed Maddie to the kitchen, watching as she took two shot glasses from the cupboard. She poured an amber colored liquid into the glasses and handed me one.

      " Bottoms up!" She grinned as she threw back her shot.

      I followed suit, knowing she'd hound me otherwise. The liquid burned going down my throat. I recognized the taste of tequila instantly.