Chapter 28: Shopping

Queenie's P.O.V 

"Come on Tina we need to be quick if we want to buy fabric and fit your dress." I grab Tina by the the arm and quicken our pace to the next fabric store. I had shown Tina some designs this morning and we had decided on a simple yet elegant floor length white dress with a silver leaf in the middle to separate the bottom from the top. Teenie's thoughts are muddled as she accidentally shouts them at me. She did seem really distracted today, "Hey Teenie you seem far off today, is there anything you want to talk about?"She glances up and says, "huh? Oh well," and tapers off before finishing her thoughts.  Deciding to be a good sister is more important than making a dress, so I take Tina and I to a small deli next door, and sit down at one of the wire tables outside.  I press my hands on Tina's shoulders and whisper, "Teenie what's going on, you never act like this. You are so spacy today." Tina brings her head up and I can see she is trying to hold back tears. "Queenie, I know it might sound stupid but lately I feel like Newt is making a mistake in marrying me. I mean what if I not good enough? What he finds someone better than me? I just don't know what to do, I love him so much but I don't ever want to hurt him, he's been hurt enough in his life." A single tears slips pass Tina's guard and leaves a trail on her face, seeing her like this makes my whole heart ache. "Teenie, honey, how could you think this? You are the most amazing women I have ever meet and Newt thinks the same. He loves you with his whole are and you will always be perfect in his eyes. Tina you could never hurt him because it would hurt you more." Tina grabs a napkin and says, "I know I'm being ridiculous, I'm such a mess of emotions." I give her a smile and says, "Teenie that's what comes with love, now come on we have lots of shopping to do!" I pull her up by the arm and we head over to the fabric shop again. I push open the door with a twinkle from the bell. The cashier welcomes us in, "Hello, welcome in if you need any help just holler." I nod and lead Tina to the back where I already new the wedding fabric was. Tina looking overwhelmed by all the chooses, leans over and whispers, "Queenie they are all so pretty, how will I ever choose?"  I giggle and say, "Well you're in luck because you came with a master shopper!" Tina smiles and starts fingering the fabric, "No velvet or lace Queenie, ok?" I sigh at the decision but it is her wedding so I breath, "Ok."  

After a few hours of dragging Tina from store to store peppered with treats from Tina saying that she will just go to the wedding in a blouse, we finally stumble across the perfect fabric. It is bright white, light, and had a lot of give and movement. Tina touches it and holds it up to see it in better light. She finally smiles at me and says, "This one Queenie, or I will go to my wedding in a blouse and skirt." I chuckle and say, "It's perfect, silly." We check out and walk into the alley, arms linked together just like old times and I feel finally at home for the first time in a while. 

"Stop wiggling," I command slapping Tina's thigh as I try to sew along her inseam. "Well you keep poking me and we have been at this for hours," she replies. Rolling my eye, I say with a mouth full of pins, "It's almost done Teen, just these last few stitches." She huffs a sigh and wiggles just a little. Finishing the last stitch I stand up and take in the full effect. Now my sister as always been pretty in a non-obvious way but seeing her standing with her wedding dress almost knocks me to my feet. "Wow Tina you are absolutely phenomenal," I gasp. She blushes and says, "Queenie you are just saying th-" I cut her off by turning her around and having her face the full length mirror. "Queenie, it's amazing! I love it so much!" She jumps off of her stand and hugs me in a way not to wrinkle the dress. In the middle of our hug Newt pokes his head through the door and asks, "How's it going in here."  I hurry to the door shouting, "get out, you can't see the dress until your wedding day!," and promptly slam the door in face. Tina starts laughing but gasps out, "Queenie it is really perfect." I just say, "I know Tina," and help her out of the dress. 

This is Tina's dress, it is a 1930's dress so a little ahead of the time but I think Queenie is always a little ahead in fashion and I can just really see Tina wearing this! Any other wedding suggestions would be amazing! 

Hi guys hope you liked this chapter. If I don't publish super consistent this week it's because I am traveling. Anyway see you guys next chapter!