Chapter 16: Convincing

Queenie's P.O.V 

I jolt awake eye's heavy, face wan and turn to see Rosier walking from Grindewald's room shirt askew and looking pretty happy. When her thoughts come to me I almost puke. I force myself to look up at her and inquire in a groggy voice, "Is it time to get up? Where are we going today?" With a slash of a smirk still plastered on her face Rosier's voice dripping in distaste, "Master wants a meeting with all of us." She empathizes the all in such a way that implies I'm not usually there for their regular meetings. Good, I don't what to be. Before leaving the the living room Rosier commands, "Freshen up you don't want the master to be displeased with your appearance, you have five minutes." I stretch and roll off the green couch I had been sleeping on. Yawning, I mumble a simple spell that changes my clothes, curls my hair, and does my makeup.  I would generally do it by hand but I didn't have time today. Checking my reflection in the mirror out of pure habit, I grimace at my reflection, it look like grief has been eating at my soul. Even with the makeup I have purple bags under my eyes and my face is haggard. My cheekbones jut out and my collar bone looks like it could slice something just by touching it. Touching my face I breath, "God Queenie what have you done to yourself." This person in the mirror has no life, no joy. Today I am going to change that and it starts by convincing Grindewald to go to England. Good thing I know just the way. I slowly trudge into the kitchen and Roiser sitting down at the table doesn't even look up but says,"that was six minutes." I feel anger bubble up for the first time in weeks and I want to yell at the face made of stone, so what Grindewald isn't even here! Why do you hate me so much! I lock the emotion away just like how I sometimes have to lock my mind reading up, deep in the back of my mind so no one can tell. I feel my face slip back into it's former hardness. I sit down at the table across from Rosier and pour myself a cup of coffee and put two sugars in it. While watching the sugar melt as I stir it, I sense Grindewald's presence enter the room. A faint buzzing fills my ears as it always does when I try to read his thoughts. Only when he slips into a deepest sleep can I glean anything from his mind. He sits down at the head of the table and starts in a soft voice, "I know these travels have been hard on all of us especially Credence, but I need your opinions on where to go next because I want you to feel like you have a say. You always have a say in things here." His mention of Credence surprises me because I never see him around anymore but sometimes late at night I hear Grindewald talking in a low voice to a man, so that must be Credence. Reeling my thoughts back on my mission, if I play the cards right I might score a one way ticket to England. I am jolted back into the room when Rosier starts thinking out loud, "We could go to Italy I have a few friends there that could organize a meeting or maybe South America we haven't been there yet......" Waiting for her to finish her train of though I look to Grindewald who nods his head thoughtfully but turns to me and asks, "Queenie?" I know this is my opportunity and I can't blow it so I start talking but trying to sound like I'm unsure, "South America sounds good, but I think we might, well we might do better in England because if we could take down Dumbledore from the inside, like plant a spy or something or maybe convert some lost students..........." I try to make it look like I'm hesitating or maybe looking to Grindewald to continue. Grindewald just gives me a look that suggests that I should keep talking so I do. "Well if we could get some strings to pull on the inside it would be a lot easier to bring Dumbledore to his knees and I know he has a soft spot and that is his students. We would have to be very careful and plan well." Grindewald looking slightly impressed that I had said this many words leans back in his chair and seems to be considering. After a few minutes he faces Roiser and I again and declares, "Queenie's right it would be good to get some strings to pull, so I can control the puppet that is Dumbledore." I try to sit there and not look to pleased with myself because if I give it away know I can become very very dead. This conversation is like walking a tight rope that has a lion on one side and a tiger on the other, so I better not fall. So I stay quite. Grindewald falls silent for a few beats but then says, "Pack up the house we are heading to England." 

Hi guys this is my favorite Queenie chapter so far!! I feel like I wrote it so quickly and I am dying to continue her story! Thank you guys for all you support, and I hope I am meeting your standards. Anyway see you guys next chapter! (Side note: I will be starting school again soon so I might not be able to update every night but I will try my best)