Chapter 14: The Garden

Newt's P.O.V 

I hop off Kevin and then lift Tina off as well. Her hair is windswept but the look on her face is pure joy, it makes my heart ache looking into those beautiful eyes and seeing true joy for the first time in a while. Tina helps me groom and put away Kevin in content silence. When we start heading back to the house I realize that I don't want to end this moment with Tina so I I tell her, "Follow me I have one more thing to show you." Tina just nods and starts humming to herself and I recognize the tune from long ago.  It is the song from the speak easy we went to in New York to find Dougal, I feel a smile spread on my face at the memory. We round the last corner on the path around the barn and I start to look for a special knot in one of the aspen trees. After a few more steps of walking I find it. I stop abruptly almost knocking into Tina who is looking slightly confused but I offer no explanation because I am trying to hard not to be nervous about what I am going to do.  I tap the knot with my wand and the aspens start to move apart to reveal a small but lush garden with a stone pathway. Tina's face turn from confusion to a look of of pure wonderment and amazement her eyes widening and mouth opening. In the midst of her amazement she breathes, "What is this place?" I finally offer her an explanation, "It's my mum's and I's secret garden. It houses just over a hundred different species of magical plants. Only her and I know about it, well now you know too." She just keeps drinking in the sights, so I ask her "Walk with me," and offer her my elbow. Tina accepts and loops her arm in mine. We take a turn around the colorful yet dangerous garden with me running commentary about each of the different types of plants and Tina asking a few questions but mostly just listening and watching me talk. After a few minutes of walking I sit down on one of the few stone benches and drag Tina next to me. A few moments of silence pass and I start to say in a hesitant voice, "Tina do you know what creature you remind me of most?" Looking amused she giggles under her breath and says, "No, which one?" I think about my words carefully before saying, "the niff-" Tina cuts me off with a shrill, "Not that crazy thing, noway can you compare me to that thing!" I start to  panic, this is not going how I though it would, but I try to explain calmly, "No Tina you are passionate and stop at nothing for justice or "something shiny", I do not mean it as an insult." 

"Oh when you put it that way its not so bad." Tina is now blushing even deeper then me which is hard to do. I take this as some sort of assurance and start again, "Tina I haven't known you for a long time but you are the most fantastic person I have ever met, I'm sorry if I am being to forward. No wait this is a stupid idea you just broke up with Tolliver." Looking not at all insulted like I expected Tina encourages me with, "No not at all keep going," and she then she urges me with her silence. So I try to continue but my stupid stutter starts to come out, "Tin-a I know it-s rat-h-er impproper but I was w-wondering if maybe if you wou-ld like me t-to if I could cou-rt you." Tina starts to cry, Merlin's beard I must have done something very wrong so I rush into a apology, "sorry Tina I didn't mean to offend you, I will just go now." Tina jumps up, grabs my wrist and almost shouts, "No! Newt not at all, these are happy tears! Yes, I would love to court you and I thought you would never ask! Yes, yes a thousand times yes!" Merlin's saggy left ball, did she really say yes! Now how- what did I do to deserve this amazing women sitting next to me, how can I live up to it? Doubt clouds my mind but I push it away and I do the first thing that pops in my head, gather her in and swing her around the garden but then I trip and fall and we both land on the ground with an omff. I cushion Tina's fall with my body but then we both realize we are much to close, close enough to share breath. We both leap up blushing deepest scarlet. I try to make it less awkward by grabbing Tina's hand and we leave the garden hand and hand walking back to the house, both blushing like mad and having sappy smiles plastered on our faces.  

OMG guys he finally asked her out!!! I hoped you liked this idea! I am so excited to write the next chapters. Thank you guys for all the support and love! Comment suggestions below. See you guys next chapter!