Chapter 22: Perfect Presents

Newt's P.O.V 

With every gift I look at my frustration grows, I can't seem to find anything Tina would like or anything that is good enough for her. I am more hopeful in this shop though, it seems perfect for Tina chalk full of self-defense items. I decide to walk down one more aisle before giving up and trying to sneak away from Nagini and Queenie for more important things I need to do while I'm here.  Walking down the aisle a flash of white catches my eye. I stop and look at the item closer. It is a beautiful yet simple knife.  One edge is darkest black and carved on the blade are the creatures generally associated with malice; dragons,swooping evils, Mcboons, and a Lethifold. The opposite side,that curls the other direction, is an opaque blinding white. Carved on this side are creatures generally associated with good; unicorns, hippogriffs, thunderbirds, and a occamy. The colors blend in the middle, creating a smooth place to grip the knife. The knife screams Tina,  simple yet so elegant. I read the description and learn that the white side heals anything it slices and the black side destroys anything it cuts. Knowing this solidifies my decision in my brain, this is what I am getting Tina. I rush over to Queenie and Nagini to show them my lucky find. When I reach them the sight I see, or who I see floors me. Standing next to Nagini, is none other than Credence himself. Still shocked I whisper, "Credence?" Nagini looking over joyed nods and turn to Credence to let him explain. Credence in a soft voice starts to tell his story, "Grindewald was using me to do odd jobs late at night, that usually entailed convincing or telling people to come to his side. He kept making excuses to not tell me my true heritage, so I grew skeptical of him. When Queenie escaped and killed Rosier that was the final straw, Grindewald flew into a rage and I used the distraction to escape myself. I came here because with all the power around me, he will have a harder time tracking me."   Solid thinking but I am still worried that he can find him so I ask, "Credence I promised to protect you, so would you like to stay with us until this whole Grindewald thing gets solved." Credence looks relieved and something else like the feeling of being accepted gleams in his eyes but he just nods.  As if remembering why we are here in the first place Queenie asks, "did you find something Newt?" In answer I  hold up the knife and say, "It heals on one side and harms on the other." Queenie takes a closer look and breathes, "Oh it's stunning, and it's perfect for Tina."   My mind drifts to the other gift I need to buy Tina today, and as if she tuned into my head Queenie squeals and says, "Newt, yes, go buy it know! I will cover for you!" Giving Queenie a confused glance to cover her knowing about the next thing I am going to buy. She gives me a look that suggests I hurry up, so I pay for the knife and head out of the shop. I walk a few meters to other shop with the sign, Lucy's custom jewelry.  Doubts start to pierce my thoughts as I walk in, what if it is to early, what if Tina says no, what if....... I try to change them to be positive, you will be the happiest man on earth if she says yes. It would be the greatest day of my life if she says yes and I don't want to date any other girls, ever. With these thoughts bolstering me I head up to the counter and approach the assistant. "Hi I'm Mr.Scamander and I came about a week ago. I have the ring made out of occamy silver. The assistant nods and calls over her shoulder, "the pick up for the occamy ring is here." Another girl walks out and it is the same person I talked to last time. She is holding a blue ring box. She starts with, "Mr. Scamander I hope you like it, your girl is one very lucky lady." I blush and wait in suspense as she opens the box. Once I see it all my worries drift away, it is magnificent!  The ring is occamy silver with one main diamond and smaller diamonds twisting around the sides. I pick it up to see the elegant yet practical design closer. The shop got all the details right even the engraving of thunderbird inside the ring. I express my gratitude to the ring maker, "Oh it's perfect, you did an amazing job." Her eyes burn bright in the praise. I reach in my pocket to get the money to pay for it. I leave the shop with a spring in my step, at least the ring is perfect, now lets hope I don't botch it up. 

This is Tina's ring and knife (lacking carvings)!! I loved writing this chapter it was really fun and light hearted! See you guys next chapter!