Chapter 17: Errands

Newt's P.O.V

I feel a breath of hot air tickle my neck and I open my eyes slightly. I turn over and the sight that greets me sends me jolting to my feet. Oh niffler! Tina and I fell asleep on the coach together after talking late in the night! Oh man she is going to hate me for being to inappropriate, even if both of us are fully clothed and did nothing wrong. Before anyone can see us in the living room I tap on Tina's shoulder, and softly whisper, "rise and shine beautiful." Before I can react Tina's fist flies up and catches me in the stomach. "Owwww," I double over and try to get my breath again. Dang Tina isn't an auror for nothing. Hearing my cry of pain Tina jumps to her feet and starts apologizing, "Mercy Lewis, I'm so sorry Newt have very good reflexes." "What why am I on the coach?" Still gasping for air, I reply, "of course your reflexes are good, you're the best auror I've ever met and apparently we fell asleep on the coach last night before making it to bed." Unlike the reaction I was expecting Tina just blushes and says, "Well that's the best sleep I had in months. Were can I go to freshen up because judging by your hair mine must be atrocious." Shocked that she isn't mad the playful insult doesn't register for a few moments but I don't think her hair is bad at all so I just reach over and smooth it down slightly by running my fingers through it and say, " you are beautiful just the way you are, and my hair cant be that bad if it's not falling in my eyes." Tina giving me a skeptical look at the last comment just asks, "do you really think I'm beautiful?" It takes me a minute to realize she is serious, she really doesn't know how beautiful she is. So I spit out the first word that come to my head, "Tina, oh Tina every time I look at you my soul soars for the stars and every time I see your face I feel like I am dying." I come out more jerky and quieter then it's supposed to but all the same Tina looks a lot happier and less doubtful but still asks, "Really?" With all the feeling I can summon I breath, "Really, Tina, every day." We just stand there for a few minutes lost in each others eyes before my eyes drift and snag on the clock. Oh no! "Oh Tina it's way later then I thought it was and I told Theasus I would swing by his house by nine this morning and it's almost 8:45 and the animals!" Tina just giggles and suggests, "Newt if I help we can feed in under five minutes and then we can go to Theasus's house, and make it on time. When we are done there we can come back and pick up Jacob and Nagini because they are probably asleep." Amazed by her quick thinking I say, "You're right, see this is why I need you Tina."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We land on the grass yard in front of Thesus' house the smell of the sea and cry of the gulls giving away our proximity to the beach. Tina gives me a confused look and wonders aloud, "Theasus and a beach bungalow, not what I expected." Curious I ask, "What were you expecting?"

"Well for starters a really nice big house with antiques and in the city, not a cozy beach side cottage." I huff a laugh, "You are forgetting he is a hufflepuff too and we love cozy." Tina's eyes gleam with a amusement and she inquires, "Well shall we go in?" We walk up the wooden steps and knock on the door. When the door opens a crack the sight inside is not pretty. Theasus looks like he has been trampled by a least ten threasals and his house doesn't look any better but he opens the door and motions for us to come in. Stepping over various things that are laying on the floor I squeeze Tina's hand and ask, "How are you doing Theasus, you don't reply to my letters any more and I'm worried about you." Theasus doesn't respond so I push some more, "Theasus what's wrong." These words seem to set him off, and he starts yelling, "What's wrong, what's wrong! Ha, Newt what's wrong is that f**king Grindewald killed my fiance and you only bother to talk to me now! What is wrong is that Leta's last words weren't directed at me but you! What's wrong is that Leta still loved you after all this time! Get out of my house get out of my face and get out of my life." He says the last words with such venom that I don't think twice before I drag Tina and I out the door with Theasus' words chasing after us, "What's wrong Newt is you got your girl and mine died." His voice has changed from anger to melancholy but that doesn't stop us from exiting the cottage, even as it kills me to leave my brother in this state. I whisper to Tina, "sorry you had to see that, that was not how it was supposed to go. Thank you for coming though. I kills me to see him like this, even if he needs to grieve in his own way." Tina just shakes her head and says, "I've said it once and I'll say it again he needs to control his temper."

Hey guys I have one word DRAMA! See you guys next chapter!