Chapter 6: Finally Safe

Tina's P.O.V 

After hearing Nagini shout ,"Dinner, in the kitchen",  through my door I get off the bed and walk to the water basin that is on the old black dresser. I take some cold water and splash it on my face to help with the swelling of my eyes. I look up into the mirror and it says to me in a gruff voice, "now you have seen better days doll." Now I don't take the mirror's comment to heart but I have never liked being called doll so I mumble, "shut up," walk out and slam the door behind me. When I walk into the yellow painted kitchen I remember how hungry I am and hear my stomach rumble. I hear Newt call over his shoulder, "Tina dinners ready and I hope your hungry." Following the sound of his voice I find my self in a small, purple painted dining room. Jacob, Nagini, and Newt are already sitting at a low sliver table with mismatched dinner ware in front of them. I pull out the chair next to Jacob and across from Newt and sit down. I turn to Newt and ask, "what's for dinner I'm starving!?" Newt meeting my eyes across the table smirks and says "you'll have to wait and see." He then promptly turns around and waves his wand towards the kitchen and utters "Accio,dinner" Two dish float and lower to the table. I peer inside them and see my favorite food, hot dogs! I almost break down in tears again seeing american food. Seeing this emotion on my face Newt makes a startled expression and inquires softly, "What wrong Tina did I not cook them right?" His worried comment almost makes me laugh but I respond with a happy, "no Newt it's perfect and I can't believe you remember that I love hot dogs, it's just seeing american food reminds me of Queenie." Newt just nods his head and says "well dig in while it's still hot, would anybody like some tea" Nagini nods so Newt waves his wand again and some empty cups, none of them matching in color but all having different creatures on them, and a tea kettle appear on the table. Nagini and Newt both grab one and pour some tea. After sitting in a few minutes of silence Newt clears his throat and says very rapidly, "TinawillyoupleaseforgivemefornotcomingtoNewYorkandgivingthistoyouinperson?" He almost chucks a beautiful red book with gold lettering at me and I read the title Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them. I almost jump up with joy as a almost shout, "Mr. Scamander you used my title! Oh it's gorgeous!" I am truly honored to have Newt use my title and the book has a very pretty cover. Newt blushes and says while not quite meeting my eyes, "It's not much and I know I didn't give it to in person but it is the first copy." 

"Newt stop right now its perfect and I know you had a travel ban." 

"Well Tina why don't you open it." 

Before opening the book I hear an exasperated Jacob mutter under his breath, "why can't they just get past their insecurities and get together,"  This makes me turn bright red and I duck my head behind the book as I open it, I had already read it many times but I knew this copy was different when I open the first page and read

Dedicated to: 

Jacob, A very special man that without his help many of these creatures would not be in my possession or quite as famous as they are. 

Queenie, A very special witch who without her help I would be very very dead right now. I will forever be in debt. 

and last but certainly not least, Tina, the most special person I have ever meet who without her help this book would not have been possible, as well as a many other things that I would not have done in my life. 

Seeing this dedication makes me feel so touched that I just breath "Oh Newt...." 

Newt blushes ever harder and says "I'm glad you like it." 

Once we finish dinner in more silence I ask Newt "Do you have a living room, I would like to read this book again." 

"It's the next room over just open the green door I will be in there in a second, I just need to put these dishes away."

I get up place my plate in the sink and go and open the green door. I walk in a green-blue room with black furniture and I am immediately reminded of a kelpie, then I realize that the dining room looks like an occamy. A slight smile tugs at my lips, it is so like Newt to theme his rooms to be like his creatures. I sit down and curl up on the biggest of the black couches and start to read the forward. I don't need to look up as a feel Newt sit next to me. His sent wafts up my noise the smell of cinnamon buns, forest, and creatures. I feel him reading over my shoulder so I start to read aloud. 

"I always like to say there are no strange creatures only blinkered people........"(I am to lazy to write actual words for the book and write all of the book so imagine) And sitting there curled up next to Newt, reading I finally start to relax and finally feel safe. 

Hey guys this is my longest chapter yet! I squealed like six times while writing this! I hoped you like reading it as much as I like writing it! See you guys next chapter!