11.

"Five, six, seven, eight

"Five, six, seven, eight." Destiny, Diamond, and Angel rehearse.

"Alright, that's amazing. Get some water and we'll start back up in five minutes." David directs the girls.

"We need to bring it at this competition. In honor of Jayden." Diamond drinks from her water bottle.

"Yeah, you're right." The other girls agree.

"We need an edge." Angel nods her head.

"Well, I can spit a few rhymes." Diamond suggests.

"Alright let's do it." The girls laugh heading back to their places.

•••

Diamond, Angel, and Destiny walk into the salon. Carlotta tides things up. Alex, Star, and Simone make their way in talking.

Carlotta saw the girls and Jahil," I wasn't expecting Y'all for another hour. How was rehearsal?"

"Where's Eva?" Jahil questions her as Destiny rolls her eyes at him.

"She left a little while ago. Why?" Carlotta questions.

"Long story."

"We gone head home," Destiny tells Carlotta leading the way out the back door. Grabbing their food on the way out.

•••

Destiny, Angel, and Diamond are in the dance studio. David and Robert make their way into the studio while looking over their phones.

"Alright, so Big Trouble added that Latin girl into their group. So we really need an edge. We can't just do the same old sound anymore." Robert tells the girls.

"I know, we need some flavor to it and Diamonds go just what we need. Instead of singing we gonna bust some rhymes." The girls smile, high fiving each other in the process.

"Alright let's get to it." They begin rehearsing.

•••

The three girls are at Atlanta NextFest ready to perform. Their outfits on point for the performance.

"Y'all ready for this next group? Alright, make some noise for DAD." Ricky Smiley, the host introduces the girls.

(Destiny, Diamond, Angel❤️)

(Destiny: Kehlani Angel: Nicki Diamond: Saweetie)
"Oh my god, they're  rapping." Star looks at the girls. "This is not good. They have an edge."

"It's okay Star, everyone has an edge." Simone comforts her.

"Alright, that was amazing. Next, we have Glamour." Smiley announces the other group.

"Y'all were amazing." Simone hugs Destiny.

"Thanks." The girls smile before walking away.

"Y'all ready for Big Trouble. Y'all ready to get into some trouble tonight. Give it up for Big Trouble!" Smiley introduces the girls.

•••

"Let's give it up for all the great talent up here. They're gonna be fighting for a million dollar record deal." All the contestants are lined up on stage. "Alright, contestant number one is...DAD." says Smiley causing everyone to start clapping and the three girls to start to start jumping up and down, hugging each other. "Contestant number two is...Lotta Love. Contestant number three is Pink Beatz. Alright, ladies and gentlemen number four...Glamour." Smiley says causing everyone to start cheering. Destiny lets out a shaky breath, looking to her new friends, praying that they are number five. "Ooh, shade, shade. Are you ready for contestant number five?" Smiley looks amongst the crown. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen, group number five is........" Destiny shuts her eyes.

"Big Trouble!"

DAD rushes over to the girls of Bug Trouble. Both groups hugging each other. Happy they made it.

•••
The three ladies of DAD make their way up the porch of Ms.Ruby's house. A guest sitting in front of the door.

"Oh my god!" Destiny looks down at the woman shaking slowly. "Mom." She chokes out before rushing over to the woman. "Come on." She stands her to her feet. "Grandma!" She yells walking in the door.

"What baby?" She asks walking into view, "Dear lord." She looks to the woman before her.

"I found her outside." Destiny lets out a shaky breath.

"Baby, one of y'all go get her some water." Ms.Ruby nods to one of the girls. Angel nods her head and proceeds to the kitchen.

"No, I'm fine." The lady tells her.

"No, you're not," Destiny warns her.

"Yes, I am!"

"What's going on?" Tearra asks while walking down the stairs. "What is she doing here?"

"You so ungrateful."

"Ungrateful? You left me here. You bought me here because you wanted to be out partying. You let your old "friends" do whatever they wanted to do to me. I'm ungrateful." Tearra begins to cry.

"Emma, why are you here?" Ms.Ruby questions.

"I wanted to see my babies. Now, I'm good." She stands to her feet.

"Wait, mom, don't leave." Destiny rushes over to her.

"I got to go, I love you baby, and I'm sorry to both of you." She walks out the door.

"Mommy!" Destiny screams rushing after her.

"Destiny!" Angel and Diamond pull her into their arms as she tries to fight her way out. Emma disappearing into the night as the neighbors watch the entire scene play out.

New Cast
Saweetie as Diamond

New Cast Saweetie as Diamond