8.

"So when's the party?" Jayden asks Destiny as he messes with the soundboard

"Tomorrow, I have to sing with my uncle after Grandma let it out that I was entering Atlanta NextFest." Destiny explains as she picks at her nails.

"You about to kill this." He tells her gently caressing her shoulders.

"Aye we got some good news!" David and Robert bust into the studio.

"What?" Destiny asks looking up from her nails.

"There is a community charity event going on for the Boys and Girls Club and they would like for you to perform at it." Robert explains to her what the news was.

"Yo,David I should do that song I wrote last night." Destiny's mouth turns upward into a smile.

"Yo, that sound good to me." David tells her.

"Alright, but my family is having a barbecue tomorrow for my uncle's birthday, y'all stop by." Destiny invites them.

"Free food?" Robert looks up from his phone.

"Yes." Destiny opens her mouth and lets out a laugh.

"I'm there." He tells her as he goes back to his phone.

"Well, I guess I have to be there." David cuts in.

"Plus, I'm nervous cause my family hasn't been around or met Tearra and they don't know her, plus they've never actually been around white people for a long time and this would be the first time in a long time." Destiny explains to them as Tearra listens to music on her phone.

"Man, fuck what they say or think. You taking care of her and you love her so that's all that matters." Jayden tells her. "I'm just surprised Ms.Ruby let her in the house cause you know she is very racist when it comes to white people." Jayden laughs thinking about the crazy older woman.

"She's still making slick remarks and comments, but I can tell that Tearra has grown on her." Destiny explains as she smiles at Tearra on the couch.

"Wait, this the same woman who pulled a gun on me when I was ten?" Jayden leans back laughing in the chair, his arms holding his stomach as he does so.

"So the charity event is for a scholarship in the name of Latravis; the kid that was killed by the off duty cop. The boy was a straight A student and on his way to an Ivy League school." David explains to them." I knew him, he was a good kiThd, had a good head on his shoulder." He cries.

Tears start to fall out of Destiny's eyes as she thinks about how many lives were lost at the hands of police officers. The ones who are here to protect and serve are the ones that are killing us and making us out to be the bad guys.

"Well never mind then, I might have to cover a song." She flips through her notebook. "Ugh." She groans shaking in her seat.

"Nene? You good?"Jayden distills concern in his voice.