5.

Destiny rushed through swinging the doors

Destiny rushed through swinging the doors. Her eyes threatening to spill out the tears, after she heard about Simone. The only thing running through her mind was "is Simone going to be okay?"

"Where's the others?" Destiny asked as she made it to Carlotta.

"Just please sit right there." Carlotta pointed to a chair.

Destiny nodded her head frantically. As she laid her head against the wall her eye lids began to get heavy ready to close.

"Baby." A voice called out to her. White walls, that's all there was. She turned her head around trying to find out what was going on.

"Momma?" She looked at the lady before her.

"Hi sweetheart." The woman smiled at her.

"Why did you leave me? Huh? You just abandoned me at Grandma Ruby's

"Why did you leave me? Huh? You just abandoned me at Grandma Ruby's." Destiny cried.

"Baby there are things you don't understand." Her mother tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. "Your tattoos are great." She smiled at her.

"Please answer my question." Destiny continued crying.

"I have to go." The woman slowly disappeared.

"Wait, no, please!" Destiny awoke out of her sleep.

"You okay?" Star asks as Destiny jumps out of her sleep.

"I, uh, never mind yeah I'm fine." Destiny informed her. "I, uh actually think I should get going." She stood from the chair.

"Destiny, you know I'm here if you need anything or just want to talk." Star smiled at her.

"Yeah, um, bye." She waved before rushing off.

"Everything okay?" Carlotta asked as she made her way back over from receiving water from the nurse.

"I don't know. She just rushed off after yelling Wait, no, please." Star looked down at her shoes. "What's wrong with her?".

"Her dad died when she was just four and then her mother abandoned her on Ruby doorstep; Destiny had nothing but a teddy bear and her baby blanket. I remember Ruby bringing her over and asking me to do her hair." Carlotta thought back.