6.

The smell of shampoo, flat irons, and hair dryers caused Destiny to smile as she walked into God's Blessings

"What's up." Destiny greeted the workers.

"We winning Taylor Brothers this year." Miss Bruce spoke as she did someone's hair.

"Where's Danielle?" Destiny pointed to the empty station.

"She went to ask her aunt for a favor. You know the girls are performing a Gladys Knight remix at the hair show." Carlotta answered her.

"Here we go with this Gladys Knight stuff again. I can't, y'all know damn well that girl ain't no kin to Gladys Knight. Y'all should be having Destiny performing at that show instead of them girls." Miss Bruce spoke.

"Why do you always have something to say?" Cotton asks.

"Why we ain't never met her?" Miss Bruce asks smartly.

"Why everybody gotta be a liar, Bruce?" Carlotta asks.

"At this point anything will help." Destiny jumps into the conversation.

"Gladys Knight? Uh,huh. Did I ever tell you I was six months pregnant, by Tyler Perry?" Miss Bruce sarcastically spoke, with laughter filling the air. "No but for real let Destiny perform." Miss Bruce yelled out to Carlotta as she walked away.

"Yeah, Nene need to perform after or even before them." Cotton told her mom.

"Can you Destiny? It can really help." Carlotta asks walking back over.

"I'll think about it." Destiny walked to her station.

"Please it can really help us bring the win home?" Bruce begged. "Bitch, you know you got them vocals." Bruce snapped her fingers.

"You stupid." Destiny laughed at her. "I'll be back in an hour or two. I have to make a run." She left out the door.

"You ready?" Jayden asks from the inside of the car.

"Yeah." She says swinging the door opened and getting inside.

"David and Rob waiting for you." Jayden tells her as he drove.

"How I look?" She asks fixing her hair.

"You look fine." He assured her.

"I don't know if I look alright to do this video. "She tells him as she continues fixing her hair.

"You do, but do you have everything you need?" He asks her.

"Yeah and Carlotta wants me to perform for her at the Taylor Brothers with Star and them, but we have to figure out how we gonna do it." She sat back in the seat as she finished her hair.

"I want to meet them." He tells her.

"And you can if you come to Taylor Brothers tonight." She smiles at him as they pull into the driveway of a house. "How you meet them anyway?" Destiny asks.