9.

Today is Jayden's funeral

Today is Jayden's funeral. Destiny and Angel are singing. Next week they will be attending Danielle's funeral.

Destiny packs up her boxes with pictures of Jayden and her. Everything Jayden has bought for her goes in a separate box. From bears to clothing. She doesn't want to be reminded of the fact that she lost her best friend.

"You ready?" Angel walks into the room.

"Ugh!" She groans throwing the picture at the wall.

"What are you doing. You're going to ruin the picture." Angel tries to calm her down. "It's gonna be okay, we're gonna get through this." She rubs her back.

"He was my best friend. I don't know if I can make it without him." Destiny clutches on to her.

"You can and you will." Angel holds her. "We will get through this together." Angel smiles.

"Hey cuz, you should attend the rally for Jayden and Danielle." Derek tells her as she walks inside.

"No, I'm gonna stay out of that scene." Destiny sniffles wiping her tears.

"Okay." Derek nods leaving the room, understanding where she is coming from.

"Why don't you want to do it?" Angel questions her.

"I just don't want this to be a social media promotion for me. Jayden deserves so much better than that." Destiny explains to her.

"Oh that makes sense." Angel nods her head. "Now come on." She yanks her up from the bed.

"Hey baby girl." Uncle Cross hugs her as they reach the door of the bedroom.

" Hey Unc." Destiny slyly smiles at him.

"I'm not gonna lie and tell you it get better, because you never forget this. It's hard and you will think about it a lot." He speaks as he hugs her." I love you and if you ever need anything, I got you." He smiles as he pulls away from the hug.

"I love you too."

The three of them make their way out of the bedroom. Destiny's feet shuffle as she walks down the stairs.