Tahani Al-Jamil- Height (c)

The Good Place One Shot

Your eyes were stuck on the book that was on top of your shelves. You weren't overly short, but the endlessly high walls of Tahini's mansion meant that even for someone with a normal height, you found it impossible to actually reach half of the stuff that was stored. It had been a normal thing through your life to struggle with the odd shelf, but you thought that would be all over now that you were dead. In life, you had no genuine hope for what happened after death but now that you were in the Good Place, you believed that every joy you had sought in life was now at your fingertips.

Within your first day in death, you had been introduced to Tahini, your soulmate, given your dream home and shown around an idyllic neighbourhood that you would live in. Everything seemed almost too perfect. Nothing seemed to be able to go wrong in such a perfect world, well that was until now.

"How is it that even in death, in the place where we are supposed to get everything that we want, I still can't reach the top shelf?" You huffed.

Once again you took a run up, jumping into the air to attempt to grasp the book in the middle of your leap, but it certainly wasn't that easy. You missed as you had the last several times you had attempted.

"You can't help being adorably short," Tahani laughed, plucking the book off of the shelf with complete ease.

You cocked an eyebrow at your soulmate. The two of you hit it off straight away and you did love her dearly, she had a good heart, was intelligent and not to mention drop dead gorgeous. Along with all of those facts, she was stunningly tall, which helped with getting things off of the top shelves.

"I'm not even that short," you huffed. "And we can't all be elegant goddesses who tower above us mere mortals."

Tahani let out a laugh as she leaned down to kiss your forehead as she handed you the book that you were attempting to reach.

"You do flatter me," she smiled down at you. "However, height does not dictate beauty by any means. It does make life easier when it comes to shelves though."

"Well you are frankly beautiful, and you are able to reach things for me, it's a win win really," you grinned.

"I am glad to be of assistance."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.