Toby Curtis- Deserve (h)

Scorpion One Shot

There was always going to be some form of pressure to be the best – to get the best grades, to be the most popular and just to not disappoint anyone.

That pressure could get too much sometimes, and you just felt as if you couldn't live up to what people expected of you.

Of course, you never wanted to admit that the pressure was too much – you'd power through it and not let anyone see you crumble.

Unfortunately for you, your best friend was a psychiatrist and always managed to tell what was up with you.

The only thing he hadn't found out yet, however, was that you had had feelings for him for the past year or so.

Toby had been your rock for so long, and then when he had introduced you to Scorpion, they had become your family.

Happy and Sylvester were closest to you – of course you got on with everyone, and Paige had gotten especially close to you because you weren't a genius.

You had gotten into the habit of taking your university work back to the garage and then holing up at Toby's desk to complete your assignments.

As you were completely in the zone of concentration, you were unaware of Toby chatting to Happy and Sylvester about you.

"Have you realised how much she brings here after her day?" Sylvester questioned his two friends.

Toby sighed as he nodded in agreement. "She pushes herself way too far and the amount she has fallen asleep at my flat after she's finished is insane."

"She comes back to yours?" Happy questioned with a smirk on her face.

Toby chuckled. "She doesn't get on with her flatmate too well, so she'll come to mine a lot."

"You don't let anyone invade in your flat," Sylvester spoke up out of curiosity.

Happy turned to Sylvester with a knowing smile on her face. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Toby sighed. "Don't go analysing me, that's my job."

He left the two of them chatting to come over to where you were sat at his desk.

Crouching down next to you, he placed his hand on your arm. "Hey there cutie."

You turned to face him, putting a smile on your face even though you were completely and utterly stressed out. "Sorry, do you need your desk back?"

Toby shook his head as he shot you a smile. "Of course not, I just wanted to check on you."

You sighed as he placed his hand on your cheek, concern written across his face.

"You've not been sleeping, have you?"

Toby's concern only grew as you shook your head. "I've got so much work to do, and then when you're asleep I'll be awake, and I'll do more work."

"Why are you doing this to yourself cutie?"

You shrugged. "I need to do well, I'm not smart enough so I need to do better."

"You're plenty smart cutie, you don't need to push yourself."

"Compared to you guys, I'm nothing."

Toby sighed before he began to pack up your things, and then offered you his hand.

You looked up at him in confusion. "Toby, I need to do my work."

He stood there with his hand held out to you. "No, you need to relax."

Eventually you took his hand and allowed him to take you over to where Happy and Sylvester were still talking.

"My friends, this little cutie right here has been working herself sick in order to be more like us," he explained to the two of them leaving you to grimace. "And I do believe that she needs a break."

Happy looked at you in confusion. "Why would you want to be like us?"

Sylvester nodded in agreement with Happy. "Y/N, there's no need for you to do that to yourself," he told you in a gentle tone. "You're one of us whether you like it or not and you got there just as you are."

You smiled at Sylvester's words and he cautiously pulled you into a hug.

Once you were back at Toby's side, he slipped his hand into yours. "Come on cutie, we are going to get takeout and have a movie night."

Whilst you were in the car with Toby, he looked over at you with a smile on his face.

"I don't want you to work yourself to breaking point cutie, that is just so unfair on you."

You shrugged. "I need to show that I actually deserve you and everyone else."

"That you deserve us?"

Nodding in confirmation, Toby reached over to place his hand on your thigh.

"Oh cutie, you have always deserved me and every single person in that garage," he explained to you. "And frankly it is me who doesn't deserve you."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.