Bridget Hennessy- Juliet (c)

8 Simple Rules One Shot

"Auditions will start in ten minutes, all Juliet's on the left of the stage, Romeo's on the right," the drama teacher announced, clapping her hands before heading up to her seat in the stands to watch everyone's auditions.

As you made your way over to the left-hand side of the stage, you saw your smirking best friend holding the same script as you.

"Still going for Juliet?" Bridget questioned.

"Of course, I was born to play this role," you commented.

"What a shame, so was I."

You and Bridget had been best friends since you were in diapers, your mums having been friends since school. Even though you were the best of friends, it didn't mean there wasn't a fair share of friendly competition between you. Since the school's show was announced both of you had your heart set on playing Juliet, neither of you willing to stand down.

"I'm going to take you down Hennessy," you stated firmly. "And I have no shame in doing so."

"Neither do I," she said attempting to stand tall. "I guess it will be the best woman who wins. And if you didn't realise, I'm the best woman, so I will win."

You rolled your eyes, letting out a soft laugh. Of course, you desperately wanted the role, you'd always wanted the role since you had first read the play as a child, but you loved Bridget, she was basically your sister. No matter how much you loved your best friend, you weren't prepared to show any mercy.

"I'm sorry for crushing your dreams," you smirked.

"Back at you," she stated. "But no bad blood right. Whoever gets it will be a gracious victor?"

You nodded your head. "I will be a gracious victor."

Bridget cocked an eyebrow at you making you laugh.

"Sorry. But whoever wins the role, we're still best friends, right? Support each other no matter who it is that is Juliet."

She smiled and nodded, opening her arms to you. You both gratefully hugged each other, giving each other an encouraging squeeze. Even if you were both competitive, your friendship had survived worse and would continue through anything, even the great Juliet war.

"Good luck Bridget," you smiled.

"Good luck Y/N," she responded.

"Although I hope that I win, you're the only person I'd be happy to lose to."

"If anyone but us to get Juliet, I will riot."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.