Brynjolf- Proposition (a)

Skyrim One Shot

"Well... would you look at that?" The man, whose face you could barely make out, danced, and snaked around you, eyeing you up and down. "First time in Riften?"

"Maybe, maybe not. Depends on whose asking doesn't it?" Your satchel of valuable artefacts pilfered from tombs and keeps found itself pressed tightly against your hip and away from the fingers of this nimble pickpocket.

"Byrnjolf." He extended his hand in front of you, but you denied him his request, the hustle and bustle of the Riften bazaar made it quite difficult to hear him, even if he was standing a few mere paces in front.

"You act like I am supposed to know that name, this is in fact my first visit to this... pleasant city. I have been here much less than a day, yet the guards have attempted to extort me before I even entered the gates and now, I have some... hood-rat trying to... scam me in some way I presume?" He looked offended and taken aback by your comment before slyly chucking to himself, he had noticed you clutching the satchel tightly.

"Firstly, you can loosen the grip on your satchel there... Secondly, not here to scam you. If anything, I'm the good guy here, I'm looking to make you a few septims."

"Right... you want to make me money? Let me guess... you just need me to give you all of my septims so that you can send them to some Cyridilian prince to pay for some admin fees before he can send me back a large inheritance that I am owed?" Brynjolf raised a single eyebrow at you before gesturing for you to look behind him at some merchant pedalling cheap jewellery.

"That one has a ring in a box under his stall, ill draw a crowd, you take the ring and slip it into that one's pocket." He nodded towards another merchant. "Hopefully what you lack in the height department you make up for subtlety." He chuckled to himself once more. "Do what I ask, the guild will... reimburse you for your efforts."

"The guild?" Like a slaughterfish to a well-supplied hook you took his bait.

"Don't worry about it." He smirked ever so cockily before turning around the visit the hectic marketplace. "So... are you in? Never mind the gold I know you can't resist the pure thrill of it. Stature of a mudcrab but the fiery heart and spirit to match even the best of adventurers. Besides, I know that no vendor a thousand miles from here will touch those artefacts that I presume you collected via fully righteous means? I know somebody that will. Help a fellow thief out, would you?" His cape fluttered as he spun around, jauntily walked into the middle of the hordes of citizens and hopped onto a chair.

"Ladies and gentlemen of Riften!" The crowds began to gather...

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.