Elijah Mikaelson- Rebekah (c)

The Vampire Diaries/ The Originals One Shot

You threw your bag down by the door, hanging up your coat on the stand, slamming the door behind you in annoyance. Most of the time you didn't enjoy leaving the house, enjoying when you got home, although annoyed from the outside, however you had experienced a terrible day.

"Y/N," you heard Elijah, your partner, call out to you from the other room. "Is that you?"

"Yes," you shouted back, heading towards the kitchen where you had heard Elijah's voice come from.

He met you in the doorway, giving you a friendly smile, welcoming you home to him.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "Is the door still on its hinges?"

You rolled your eyes at him. Maybe you shouldn't have slammed the door with such force, but you were pissed off and the door was the closest thing to you at the time for you to take that annoyance out on.

"I saw your sister," you commented, walking over to the kitchen table so that you could sit down, Elijah following to sit opposite you.

"From your tone, I'm assuming she was far from welcoming?" He offered.

Rebekah was the youngest of the Mikaelson's and the one who held the least fondness towards you. You hadn't met Elijah's other brothers but had met Klaus who although was a harsh and evil man, he didn't show any special hatred for you, Rebekah however had made you her nemesis.

"She threatened to kill me," you frowned. "I tried to be kind, but it's hard when someone wants you dead."

He let out a sigh. "She isn't that bad, she can be a bit controlling though, she'll ease up with time hopefully. She's a beautiful girl, who assumes that beauty means all men will keep their attention on her. She gets grumpy when one doesn't, even Klaus and I as she expects us to be there for her beck and call, another woman on the scene disrupts that for her."

With a shake of your head you doubted it. You were human, whilst he and his siblings were vampires, it wasn't a relationship you'd have believed would have worked but it did. However, as a human you were very fragile, and if Rebekah wished for you to be dead, she could do it with her pinkie finger.

"She's hot, but she's evil," you said through gritted teeth.

Elijah let out a laugh, raising an eyebrow at you.

"You find my sister attractive?" He smirked.

You shrugged your shoulders. "It must be a genetic thing. I may be with you but I'm not blind, if she had a nice personality, she'd be quite a catch."

He rolled his eyes at you as he leaned over to hold onto your hand. "That she would. Anyway, Y/N, do not worry about Rebekah, she will not hurt you as long as I am here."

"Thank you Elijah," you smiled warmly believing he would keep you safe.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.