Get Out (5)

Aeress

     Nina made it appear so effortless when she directed Aeress through the house, but now as she tried to make it back to her assigned room, it was impossible. 

     She was officially lost. What decor she had once admired was then considered identical and frustrating. 

      "This has to be it!" Aeress hoped as she opened the door. The vacant room looked similar enough, so she closed the door behind her. 

     She was delighted when she saw another BLT on the dresser. That cook really did make the best damn sandwich she had ever tasted. 

       Aeress waited not another second and claimed the tasty treat. It was gone in under a minute. She held the plate and contemplated eating the crumbs. 

      The floorboards whined, causing Aeress to jump and toss the plate in her hand at the intruder. 

     She turned in time to see the plate caught in a hand. Her eyes travelled up the arm, confronted by a most striking face. 

     Her skin came to life with shivers under that flat, blue gaze. His dark brows slashed above his piercing eyes enough to display a constant expression of dissatisfaction. Everything about him was harsh. He had a deadly attraction to him, whoever he was. Aeress never understood the idea of severe beauty until her eyes landed on him. 

     He showed no reaction to her presence. He simply placed the dish back on the dresser. She watched with curiosity when he stood there with his arms crossed, in black slacks, black, italian leather shoes, and a black, wool sweater with a raised collar. He could have been a shadow had it not been for his pale skin or startling eyes. 

      Aeress had seen many beautiful people recently, and none other were like him. In fact, he wasn't nice to look at in a common fashion. No, men like him were not looked upon for long for fear of harm. 

     But her eyes stayed in place. Her lips parted. Nothing came out though, even as her mind was racing with a pleasurable and alien buzz.  

     Not one reaction from him. He just examined her rather like she was a subject in an experiment. 

     She looked around and realized the bedroom did not resemble what she stayed in before. "This is your room?" she spoke up hesitantly. "I'm sorry. And I ate your BLT. That was rude of me too, yeah? Wow, how do I always get myself into these situations?"  

     His eyebrows furrowed just a tad more. But not a word. 

     "Okay then." He was obviously not one who spoke often. "I should probably stop intruding." She sent an awkward smile and tried to exit as quietly as possible. 

     Aeress gasped when she felt a hand encircle her wrist. The warmth and strength there shunned her into silence, kindling a sizzle in her blood. She gazed up at the alluring man and forced herself not to drool. 

     So much intensity yet so much loss of life as well. How could she see nothing and everything at the same time in that blue of his? It was terrifying to be so attracted to someone she had met seconds ago. She felt like a hormonal teenager seeing Tom Hardy for the first time. She had to snap out of it.

     "I said I was sorry," she whispered. "I just got lost." By his facial responses, he had to have been displeased with her talking. Most people were. "Listen, whoever you are, I don't want any trouble." She tugged out of his grip, something she sensed he was allowing. Her body deflated at the loss of touch.