Side Story 6: WO gan (I dare to) Part 2

The trip from Lanling took only half an hour or so as flying by sword was definitely faster than taking a carriage. Besides, Baoqi and Zhongxin (including the Qin twins lol) were not planning to take it easy in Laoling Qin. They had solid matters to solve and Baoqi was not going to back down until she made sure her elder sister-in-law kneeled down before her to admit her own guilt.

As the four of them arrived to the main entrance of Laoling Qin, they were welcomed back by several attendants. Baoqi's graceful features did not fail to make the attendants compliment such maturity and even her elegance was more stunning then her elder sister-in-law, the Qin mistress of Laoling. She raised her head confidently and smiled at the attendants, asking where her elder brother was.

One attendant replied, "If Qin da xiaojie (Elder young miss Qin) would like to know, Qin zong zhu is in his study room. Would da xiaojie like any of us to escort you and da gong zi (Elder young master)?"

"Bu bi le (There is no need). Duo xie (Many thanks)," The Jin mistress responded and gestured for her little underlings (Zhongxin and the Qin twins lol) to follow her.

While walking to the Qin leader's study room, Zhongxin could feel his breath quicken. If he was honest, he did not know what his elder cousin was going to say to the leader. He did not even know if he wanted to have a purpose on being in Laoling Qin at the moment. Compared to Lanling Jin, the Qin clan's buildings were not as spread apart and the Qin leader's study room was fast approaching.

"Bie jinzhang a Zhong er (Do not be nervous Zhong er). This is for your own good, understand?" Baoqi encouraged as they approached her elder brother's room.

Zhongxin swallowed his own breath and quietly answered, "Zhongxin understands."

Upon arriving to his room, she quietly gestured for the Qin twins to stay out in the hall and pulled her younger cousin into the room. Noticing the small shuffling noises, the Qin leader looked up and contently smiled at their arrival.

"A Bao, my good younger sister, you have finally come back home!"

Qin Cangye, the current leader of the Laoling Qin sect, elder half-brother to Qin Baoqi, father to Qin Zhongxin and Qin Su, and husband to Qin Cai. He is known to be a fellow branch clansman from the Lanling Jin clan. Little does he know that Qin Su is not his actual blood related daughter.

"Ge, haojiubujian le (Long time no see, elder brother)," Baoqi greeted and politely bowed just as Qin Cangye placed his hands on her shoulders, indicating that such formality was not needed in a family reunion.

Zhongxin proceeded to greet, "Fuqin (Father)."

"Aiya Zhong er, I am glad to have you back," Cangye gratefully said with a smile. "When your mother told me you have gone to Lanling Jin to work there as a servant, I was quite baffled. I would have talked to Jin zong zhu beforehand and invite him to take you as a guest disciple, but your mother told me you wanted to be in Lanling Jin as a servant. I was going to talk to you but you had already left."

"Heh," The Jin mistress slightly laughed.

Zhongxin knew his father had been lied to (lol).

Baoqi continued to sarcastically say, "Dasao (Elder sister-in-law) really has her way around."

The Qin leader looked confused and only nervously laughed at his younger sister's random statement. However, the Jin mistress did not visit Laoling Qin for a memorable family reunion after a decade or so. She pretended to look around the study room as if she was searching for something...or someone.